Why Join Us?
At 2U, Inc., we share a common belief that education can change lives. So when you work for 2U, you become a part of that. A team whose guiding principles are comprised of striving for excellence, having fun, being bold and fearless, and cherishing each opportunity. Want to head into work knowing you’re part of a purpose-driven company and your hard work has an impact on lives? Join us.
2U’s internship program, the 2ternship, has been a critical part of 2U's growth since the inception of the company. Many individuals, including some executive leaders, started their careers as 2terns and continue their tenure today here at 2U.
A 2ternship allows students to build skill sets in their area of interest, gain real world business experience and receive ongoing feedback to maximize their professional development. Our 2terns attend meetings with senior executives, shadow colleagues and utilize various training resources throughout their work tenure. 2terns experience this all while being a part of a diverse and inclusive organization that is working towards one common mission - making education more accessible and global.
Capetown: This is a 6 month full-time paid internship which will expose you to the world of EdTech.
As 2U grows, we aim to continue attracting top talent to this program. Check out #LifeAt2U on Instagram and Twitter to see what our culture is like and more of what our 2terns experience on a daily basis.
Finance and Accounting Team
The Finance and Accounting team is responsible for financial reporting and record keeping, within the debtors and creditors function. They are responsible for the company’s budgeting forecast process, properly accounting for the treatment of revenue, expenses, assets and liabilities as well as monitoring the financial performance of our service offerings. The finance team is the point of contact for all student financial related requests and ensure the company has a smooth running internal financial process.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Finance and Accounting team with month end tasks and reporting.
- Process invoices for payments (creditors).
- Manage and resolve student and internal employees’ financial queries.
- Prepare/build relevant financial reports using SQL and reporting in Tableau.
- Maintain accurate and complete financial records.
- Analyze employee time sheets to understand the cost of production of the product.
- Be agile in assisting with administrative tasks as per the business' needs.
Things that should be in your background:
- Currently enrolled (final year) or have recently completed a tertiary qualification.
- Previous experience working with excel required; experience with SQL and Tableau preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer Service experience.
- Ability to research and understand technical documents.
- Focus on achieving defined results, by being detail-oriented and exceeding goals and objectives.
- Ability to multitask, switch priorities, collaborate with colleagues and be flexible.
Other attributes that will help you in this role
- Strong knowledge of web applications and basic software such as Google Suite.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment while working with a diverse team.
- Ability to thrive in an environment of change while constantly adapting and evolving with our organization.
These are just some of the benefits:
- Sought-after industry experience.
- Free gym access.
- Team and company events.
- One free GetSmarter short course.
- Complimentary caffeine kick from our in-house barista.