At 2U, we are all in on purpose. We are motivated by our mission – to eliminate the back row in education – and connected by our shared passion to deliver world-class digital education at scale. As the parent company of edX, the world’s leading online learning platform, 2U powers more than 4,000 online higher education offerings – from free courses to full degrees. Together with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporate partners, we are helping to unlock human potential.
What We’re Looking For:
The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for ensuring a positive user experience for 2U students and faculty by providing proactive, comprehensive, and exceptional customer service.
You will be the critical “first line of defense” in executing 2U’s expected white glove service level for its students and faculty. The Technical Support Specialist takes incoming calls, emails, and chats from enrolled students and faculty who need technical assistance with 2U supported applications. You will also resolve or escalate all incoming cases regarding faculty or students.
Note: This is a part-time role requiring 15-29 hours per week. The schedule is Monday - Sunday, 5pm - 12am ET, with weekends required.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Troubleshoot student and faculty technical issues via phone, email and chat to identify the root cause and provide world class service to customers.
- Collaborate with 2U departments and internal cross-functional teams to promptly resolve student and faculty issues.
- Master all 2U’s software to provide technical assistance to faculty and students with competence.
- Assist with training new hires and ongoing support of team members as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 1 – 3 years experience working in a service-oriented customer support, technical support, or other support-related field.
- Experience assisting customers using phone, email, and chat software.
- Familiarity with current Apple, Microsoft Operating Systems, and video conferencing software.
- Organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills required
- Ability to identify service improvement opportunities and automation proposals to improve service quality.
- Ability to work holidays, evenings and weekend hours to support students and faculty at peak times as assigned.
Benefits & Culture
Our global employee base is a diverse collection of innovators, dreamers, and doers working together to transform lives through higher education. We believe that every employee can advance our shared purpose, and that life at 2U should be fun and meaningful. If you’re excited by the opportunity to provide over 40 million learners and counting with access to world-class online higher education, then join us – and do work that makes a difference. #NoBackRow
We offer comprehensive benefits (unique per country) and excellent work/life balance.
Full-time, U.S. benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability, and 401(k) employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Free snacks and drinks in-office
- Generous paid holidays and leave policies, including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
The anticipated hourly rate for this role is $17.00. Offers are made based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, budget for the position and cost of labor in the market in which the candidate will be hired.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to building and sustaining a culture of belonging, respect, and inclusion. We are proud of the steps we’ve taken to bring together an employee base that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by what makes us different, as well as by how we are alike.
2U is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodations, please reach out to us at: email@example.com.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
For more than a decade, 2U, Inc. has been the digital transformation partner of choice to great non-profit colleges and universities delivering high-quality online education at scale. As the parent company of edX, a leading global online learning platform, 2U provides over 45 million learners with access to world-class education in partnership with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporations. Our people and technology are powering more than 4,000 digital education offerings — from free courses to full degrees — and helping unlock human potential. To learn more: visit 2U.com.
edX is the education movement for restless learners and a leading global online learning platform from 2U, Inc. (Nasdaq: TWOU). Together with the majority of the world’s top-ranked universities and industry-leading companies, we bring our community of over 45 million learners world-class education to support them at every stage of their lives and careers, from free courses to full degrees. And we're not stopping there — we're relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location. Learn more at edX.org.
Learn more at https://2u.com/careers/
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.