What We’re Looking For:
We are hiring a highly motivated admissions advisor who can credibly speak as a representative of large public universities. Recruiting students for our programs requires a consultative, customer-focused approach, an ability to meet challenges head-on, and a passion for changing lives through high quality education. This role is a constant balance of quality versus quantity. We will always achieve our objectives, but only with the highest quality students.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Interview students by asking the right questions to ensure they are a fit for our program.
- Counsel and Consult; Explain the value of our program, while getting students excited.
- Recommend students to the appropriate program based on their profile; then aid in program enrollment.
- Establishing rapport with prospective students, providing support and encouragement throughout the duration of the recruiting process with regular follow up ensuring the prospect is fully informed about the program and progress with starting or completing their program
- Managing high volumes of outbound calls to web generated prospects. primarily by phone, accompanied with email communication
- Days will fluctuate between 4 hour talk time and time invested in following up with potential students.
- Establish & maintain consistent performance goals by averaging 150 dials per day.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 1-2 years proven experience in consultative sales, consumer sales, admissions or recruiting ideal
- Determination and stamina, driving for results in a target-driven environment
- Understanding of technology, coding languages and how to "speak" it
- Exceptional closing skills while still remaining welcoming, understanding, and empathetic
- Bachelor's degree or 1-3 years directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Experience using a CRM
- Worked in a startup OR a fast growing business in a new division
- Confidence pitching to/in both 1:1 and many situations
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability and 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
The anticipated base salary range for this role is $50,000 annually.
Note: The final compensation for this position may consider factors including the geographic location where the work is performed (candidate’s assigned office) and prior work experience of the candidate.
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.