What We’re Looking For:
The person we hire will share our passion for transforming how education is delivered. The Program Director drives operational priorities for their business and serves as the primary liaison for all matters related to workflow, processes and systems integration.
The ideal candidate will have the rare combination of operational know-how and strategic instinct. We are looking for someone who has a unique blend of experience; someone who will roll up their sleeves and take ownership, who can analyze program trends in order to identify and drive strategic initiatives, who has demonstrated success in a leadership role, who has experience in creating and improving processes, who can create software and systems requirements, who is technically-minded, and who can effectively communicate and be comfortable both in the academic world and in a dynamic fast-growing company. Strong candidates will have a demonstrated record of success working in uncertain environments, having delivered on business priorities with guidelines but not explicit instructions from management. This is a client-facing role that requires being able to balance multiple projects, priorities, and detail while cultivating a trusted relationship with the university partner.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
Process Development and Improvement
- Think critically and strategically about current processes, systems and relationships and identify possible issues before they become issues
- Manage and create workflow, processes and documentation between systems and groups
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with the team – update and adapt to changes as needed
- Set and continually manage and communicate project expectations within team
- Prioritize requests and escalate as required to senior management
- Identify and troubleshoot problem areas
- Conduct project post mortems and creating recommendation reports
- Along with the GM, develop, review, update and implement strategic planning; this includes marketing/sales, support services and curriculum development
- Identify opportunities for improvement and growth within the programs
- Think creatively and drive initiatives from inception to implementation
- Work collaboratively with 2U departments to launch new initiatives
- Partner with Dean level, as well as other leadership at the school and across the school to ensure program success
- Effectively build and manage relationships with the university for the programs under the role’s purview; act as the relationship manager for 2U on those programs and leverage the relationship to assist with maintaining efficient operational processes
- Effectively communicate all relevant information to various stakeholders within 2U and with the school
- Understand complex programs, processes and organizational structures and be able to function effectively within them
- Matrix manage internal partners responsible for other operational areas associated with the program (e.g. marketing and technology)
Reporting, Budgeting & Revenue/Invoice Reconciliation
- Perform data analysis and compilation for tracking and reporting purposes
- Compile various reports, PPT’s and other materials for reporting program information to various stakeholders
- Manage oversight of budgets and ensure spending within targets, identifying sources of variance and potential remedies or opportunities
- Provide financial oversight in the development and tracking of program budgets, including but not limited to reconciliation, reporting, and understanding of variances
- Handle additional operational and administrative tasks as needed
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Spanish Fluency
- 6-8 years experience, with roles in operations or project management
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong project management skills essential
- Excellent computer skills (MS Project, MS Visio, MS Office inclusive of Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Ability to execute work based on objectives rather than explicit instructions
- Focused on achieving defined results, and exceeding goals and objectives
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
- Strong attention to detail, adherence to deadlines and excellent follow through
- Must be able to manage multiple competing priorities effectively
- Ability to think critically and identify potential issues before they arise
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break.
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
In Colorado, the anticipated base salary for this role is $89,610, with potential bonus and equity eligibility. Note: The final compensation for this position may consider factors including the geographic location where the work is performed (candidate’s assigned office) and prior work experience of the candidate.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.