What We’re Looking For:
2U’s Course Iteration team is a dynamic and growing team which gathers, analyzes, and scopes revisions from thousands of faculty for their courses. The Course Iteration Analyst is responsible for partnering with Course Iteration Managers as you both work with faculty and coordinate all edits to asynchronous coursework across select university programs. Success in this role is defined by one's ability to balance academic, technological, and human concerns against tight delivery timelines.
In this role, you will have a hand in every course within your assigned programs. This requires the dexterity and flexibility to move quickly from one project to the next, as well as the individual leadership to see the big picture and manage deadlines for our faculty partners. The Course Iteration Analyst also enhances the faculty experience with 2U’s Iteration team by providing comprehensive and exceptional customer service for each of their assigned programs. The Course Iteration Analyst is an individual who is incredibly organized, has strong analytical skills and is comfortable with online technologies. You will be a part of 2U's larger Curriculum and Learning team which delivers on the pedagogical vision of our partner faculty members that includes a high quality student experience.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Receive iteration submissions, review for completeness, and work directly with faculty for clarification before the next term start
- Collaborate with cross-departmental teams to ensure the delivery of assets in a timely manner
- Oversee complex video edit requests with C&L Post Production and captioning process
- Document specialized content development requests from faculty (graphics, templates, interactive assets) for C&L Content Development team
- Analyze, scope, and delegate complex revision requests for our vendor revisions team
- Triage issues identified by vendor revisions team while working on course updates
- Ensure revisions are complete through all phases of the workflow
- Attend meetings and take notes with internal stakeholders and faculty around course or program specific information noting actionable items
- Embody successful approaches for relationship management with internal and external stakeholders
- Proactively monitor quality of a course from a student perspective by ensuring alignment of faculty submitted revisions with all aspects of the course (syllabus, course outline, assessments, etc.); work with faculty to then re-align coursework
- Conduct and present data analysis at end of each term to provide leadership reporting for each cycle highlighting actionable themes that will inform faculty and iteration interactions and processes
- Monitor existing data to better understand trends in requests which will help support partner needs
- Provide overall health monitoring of assigned program iteration progress - from submissions to lifecycle of the revision through to QA
- Manage relationships with vendor revisions team, meeting after each term to create a quality feedback loop
- Gain proficiency with new and constantly changing technology
- Be a model change agent, challenge the status quo, and bring creative solutions for continuous process improvement
- Maintain a white glove service approach in every activity and interaction and a sense of mental flexibility to respond to a variety of situations to meet faculty needs
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
The Course Iteration team requires a keen eye and ear for detail and the ability to be effective within a system of many moving parts. Candidates should have a track record that clearly demonstrates these capabilities. Applicants from any professional domain will be considered, but all those applying must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited 4-year college or university;
- At least 4 years of work experience in a customer support or teaching setting;
- Experience and passion in education technology (Moodle, Canvas, Blackboard, etc)
- Professional or personal experience with Web content-development, Project Management, or Technical customer support;
- Experience handling and tracking digital assets in a collaborative work environment;
- Proficient skills in Google Suite (Docs, spreadsheets, Slideshows, etc);
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments simultaneously while maintaining a positive outlook and a collegial, professional demeanor.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate in a courteous, tactful, professional manner
- Strong client-centered focus with a commitment to student and faculty satisfaction and success
- Ability to work and contribute in a team context or independently
- Enthusiasm and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and a dynamic culture
- Familiarity with Jira or other project management software
- Critical analysis skills
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
In Colorado, the anticipated base salary for this role is $40,000, with potential bonus eligibility. Note: The final compensation for this position may consider factors including the geographic location where the work is performed (candidate’s assigned office) and prior work experience of the candidate.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.