What We’re Looking For:
The IT HelpDesk Manager will be based in Brooklyn, NY and will be responsible for managing a Tier 1/2 HelpDesk team, while assisting the Sr. Director, IT HelpDesk to ensure that top quality technical support is provided to all of their fellow employees. We are looking for a hard working, organized, collaborative individual with previous IT HelpDesk experience who understands the importance of customer service.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Managing a Tier 1/2 HelpDesk team, ensuring they are operating efficiently, and providing them support so that they can learn, grow, and perform their job effectively
- Acting as an escalation point for HelpDesk cases and other IT issues that require manager approval from within the HelpDesk
- Assisting the Sr. Director, IT HelpDesk with the oversight of provisioning cases and the HelpDesk case queue
- Acting as a point of contact for vendors, and procuring hardware, software, and web tools licenses as necessary
- Ongoing evaluation of existing HelpDesk processes and policies to ensure that the team is operating as efficiently as possible
Your Team’s Responsibilities Include:
- Supporting technical and non-technical stakeholders, accommodating a rapidly growing staff
- Providing on site and remote resolution of common desktop computing issues (PC and Mac), and acting as local enforcement for IT security policies
- Creation, tracking, and completion of a high volume of IT HelpDesk related projects within JIRA.
- Resolving escalated and executive HelpDesk cases/tickets submitted by 2U employees experiencing technical issues
- Provisioning, management, and tracking of web tools access of fellow 2U employees within our CMS
- Creating documentation related to HelpDesk processes and policies (internal and company wide)
- Enforcing and practicing 2U IT HelpDesk standard policies and processes for hardware asset management
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Strong customer service background required
- On site and remote desktop troubleshooting skills for PC and Mac, software and hardware
- Broad experience with web based computing services (video conferencing, CRM software, service ticketing solutions, Google application suites, CMS software)
- Proficiency with MS Windows domain environment (Windows Server, Active Directory, LDAP, DHCP, license management, workstation imaging, access controls)
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Experience with Salesforce (specifically Salesforce cases), Google Apps, and JIRA preferred
- Proficiency with Single Sign On and Multi-Factor authentication preferred
- Experience with JAMF preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate in a courteous, tactful, and concise manner
- Strong service and leadership background required. Previous experience working in a fast paced, innovative startup environments a strong plus
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change and growth
- Ability to work and contribute in a team environment
- Ability to balance daily casework with project based work
- Ability to produce high-quality work with limited direction/oversight
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.