What We’re Looking For:
The main purpose of the role of Mid-weight Graphic Education designer is to conceptualise, collaborate and create visual components used to aid a student's learning under the guidance of a Senior or Lead Education Designer. The visual components comprise of illustrative work, data visualisations and graphics used in lecture videos. Informal mentorship is expected from a Mid-Level Graphic Designer with the more junior team members.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
Conceptual (quality of problem-solving and brainstorming ability)
- Should be able to conceptualise and answer briefs autonomously and brainstorm visual solutions with LD and VP.
- Engage with more complex ideation and conceptualise visuals.
- Should be able to proactively suggest innovative and functional visual solutions in support of learning outcomes.
- Engage in team training to further personal & departmental development.
- Assist Leads/Specialists/Manager with process strategies and principles for education design that meet the requirements of the team as a whole.
- Collaborate with other departments and the rest of the Creative team to understand project needs and ensure output of the highest quality.
Communication (quality of written & verbal communication and relationships)
- Effective, clear and professional communication of concepts, ideas and processes.
- Good interpersonal skills and relationships with the team.
- Give and receive feedback effectively.
- Improve and build on skills gaps.
Initiative (quality of proactive ideas and innovations)
- Sharing ideas and trends with the wider team.
- Drive and implement innovations in collaboration with Lead and Senior.
Leadership (level of training, mentoring, managing and upskilling)
- Informal guidance and mentoring to co-workers (proportional to years of experience).
- Lead specific training sessions in line with expertise.
Quality Assurance (level of design output and level of reviewing required to obtain desired output)
- Staying informed of trends and sharing with the team.
- Self review.
- Informal QA encouraged.
- Work QA’d against briefs by Lead Graphic Designer with mentoring by Senior Designers.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 3-5 years relevant industry experience.
- Relevant tertiary qualification (Design Diploma/Degree).
- Strong design, conceptual and illustrative skills using the Adobe CC suite ( UI/ HTML knowledge advantageous).
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- 4% 2U contribution towards Discovery Life Pension Fund and Group Risk Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.