What We’re Looking For:
In partnership with key stakeholders such as HR, HRIS and Talent Acquisition, you will use data to drive Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) for the ZA, UK and Australia Regions. The initiatives that you are responsible for will support the implementation of 2U’s DEI & Transformation Strategy, which includes Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE) and Employment Equity (EE).
You will be required to work collaboratively across various teams and to drive change which includes: the facilitation of Diversity Team Sessions; supporting the business in preparation and consultation for the verification tracking of B-BBEE and EE initiatives in alignment with statutory requirements.
The HR Manager: DEI, B-BBEE & HR SOX Compliance will:
- Support the business in creating a diverse and inclusive workforce at 2U ZA, UK and Australia by project leading initiatives that will increase the awareness of DEI within the regions.
- Collaborate with the Vice President, DE&I and Global DE&I committee and Business Resource Networks to achieve the global DE&I goals set for 2U.
- Support the Director HR Specialist in the delivery of B-BBEE initiatives.
- Oversee and manage the HR SOX Compliance controls and audit periods.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Responsible for the Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) & supports the implementation of 2U’s Transformation Strategy.
- Researches and recommends key trends in alignment with the Global DE&I plan.
- Consults and supports the regional DEI policy and plan (in conjunction with the global DEI policy and plan).
- Conducts research and development for training initiatives to empower and inform key stakeholders on DEI trends and targets and how they can influence achieving them.
- Ensuring that DEI training is rolled out across the business by increasing DEI awareness and education through various initiatives, aligned with HQ on DEI and to empower and support the BRN’s in the ZA region.
- Report on DEI metrics in alignment with the HQ VP, DEI, HRBPs and SVP, People.
- Responsible for being a change agent for DEI initiatives, and driving organisational change to support Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
Compliance: Employment Equity & BBBEE
- Partner and support for the planning, consulting, preparing, developing and creating the 2U Employment Equity Plan in alignment with Legislative Frameworks.
- Responsible for the management of learnerships and internships as part of the B-BBEE strategy.
- Support the Director Human Resources on initiatives that support the Transformation Agenda.
- Support and coordinate the relevant transformation initiatives that impact the transformation agenda.
- Identify opportunities for B-BBEE scorecard within 2U and make recommendations for improvement across all elements of the scorecard.
- Responsible for re-establishing an improved transformation committee with clear roles and responsibilities for all involved.
- Support the Director Human Resources with the B-BBEE Annual Audit.
- Responsibility for the HR compliant component of SOX.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Relevant tertiary education (Org psych, HR, Psych).
- Minimum 5 years HR related experience.
- Minimum 2 year DEI specific experience.
- Working knowledge of regional labour relations legislation including but not limited to: BCEA, LRA, EEA, Skills Development Act and BBBEE legislation.
- Experience in program and event planning, project management, and change management preferable.
- Research and development experience.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- 4% 2U contribution towards Discovery Life Pension Fund and Group Risk Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.