What We’re Looking For:
Summary / Objective
The Online Course Iteration Manager is responsible for continuous improvement of courses through both data analysis, as well as gathering, analyzing and scoping revisions to asynchronous coursework across 2U’s university programs. This role closely partners with university faculty as they review and revise course needs for upcoming terms. Success in this role is defined by one's ability to balance academic, technological, and human concerns against tight delivery timelines.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Solicit iterative data regarding in-scope changes to courses from university faculty in a timely, well-organized and efficient manner in advance of relaunch
- Compile iterative data into project management system
- Advise faculty on best approaches to implementation and course design within proprietary technologies
- Define, frame and communicate the scope and nature of changes to support personnel for implementation
- Track and manage the development and progress of iterative work from intake through handoff
- Review all iterative activity and data in assigned programs for quality and consistency
- Report bi-annually status of all courses based on full data analysis
- Manage escalations on programs through proper communications to appropriate teams and levels
- Contribute to an overall sense of calm and confidence around the course iteration process by being a readily available and highly knowledgeable resource to internal and external stakeholders
Things That Should Be in Your Background
- 4+ years of client-facing experience in an online course development/maintenance environment
- Project management experience in a web development/maintenance environment
- Familiarity with Canvas, Moodle, similar LMSs, HTML, Content Management Systems and Jira
- Data Analysis
- Ability to learn and adapt to new and proprietary technologies quickly
- Excellent client relationship management skills
- Content sensitivity and comfort with a wide range of academic subject matter
- Highest commitment to quality and delivery of courses on-time and on-budget
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate in a courteous, tactful, professional manner
- Strong client-centered focus with a commitment to student and faculty satisfaction and success
- Ability to work and contribute in a team context or independently
- Enthusiasm and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and a dynamic culture
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.