What We’re Looking For:
We are looking for individuals passionate about transforming higher education and joining an innovative team dedicated to disrupting the existing education model. 2U’s incredible company culture is driven by leaders in every area of our company, and it starts right here with the People team.
We’re looking for a dynamic and effective Manager of Compensation to join the Total Rewards team to research, establish and maintain the company’s enterprise pay system. This involves researching and understanding the current and upcoming competitive markets for employee pay, and developing and implementing new and revised compensation programs, policies and procedures to align with the company's goals and competitive practices.
This individual will also present and communicate information to our Executive team and leadership partners and provide consultative skills to HR, engagement with business leaders for job evaluations, salary increases, offers and promotions.
As a member of the Total Rewards leadership team, this role will significantly influence the design of the overall broad based compensation strategy for the organization.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Manage the refinement of our approach to job leveling, salary grades, job descriptions, promotions, etc. to align with our corporate culture, values, and performance philosophy in ways that are scalable to accommodate future growth.
- Lead the annual compensation cycle, establish and maintain salary structures, manage policies and procedures, in addition to enterprise compensation work such as conducting job evaluations and submitting salary surveys to ensure the achievement of equitable and competitive employee compensation
- Provide proactive counsel and serve as a resource to management and the people team on programs, policies, and practices. This includes working closely with our HR Business Partners and our Talent Acquisition team to provide information and support the needs of their client organizations.
- Partner with team members from the Communications and Learning and Development teams to develop and distribute effective communication materials that enhance the understanding and value of the compensation programs.
- Serve as a subject matter expert who will deliver thoughtful recommendations and work with business leaders and counterparts in the People, Finance and Legal teams to achieve goals.
- Drive the annual compensation review process with Sr. Leadership and People Business Partners to ensure salary increases are planned strategically and proactively and develop solutions to resolve pay positioning issues within budget.
- Lead the annual compensation planning cycle for merit, bonus and equity through program design, system preparation, testing, training, budget reporting, communications and analytical support
- Oversee the participation in relevant compensation surveys, and other vendor-led external events / forums, for bench-marking purposes, and to stay informed about market trends.
- Ensure compliance with SOX, internal policies, and local labor laws.
- Develop and lead training for managers and broader HR community
- Manage Pay Equity analysis and FLSA determination
- Manage data integrity in Workday for all compensation-related items and processes
- Assist in the analysis and payout of annual corporate bonus
- Train, coach, mentor, and develop team members
- Work closely with other members of the Compensation team including in South Africa
- Ensure compliance with reporting and global, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Ability to work independently and lead initiatives and team members as required
- Thrives in situations where you can diagnose challenges and problem-solve on a daily basis; Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Able to build strong working relationships with teams and key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage with peers, teammates
- Rewards leadership; Collaborative and participates in a supportive team environment
- Capable of data-driven analysis with the ability to share information with a diverse set of customers, not just others that are analytically wired
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional project management skills and can effectively balance competing priorities
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills and demonstrated proficiency with PowerPoint
- Experience with Workday preferred; comprehension of HR systems required
- Strong organizational and time management skills and capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
The base salary for this role is a minimum of $90,000, with potential bonus eligibility. Note: The final compensation for this position may consider factors including the geographic location where the work is performed (candidate’s assigned office) and prior work experience of the candidate.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.