What We’re Looking For:
It’s an exciting time in 2U’s growth, and our Finance team is a critical part of that growth. Our Finance team at 2U is growing, and we’re looking for a Financial Analyst with a background in financial reporting and analysis. Our ideal candidate will have a background in Finance, specifically FP&A, and be adept and proactive in creating and maintaining working relationships across 2U’s many departments.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Support the Finance team by providing financial reports, analysis, forecasting and other financial support as required
- Assist in key month-end activities to provide oversight of the completion and accuracy of the monthly reports by conducting transactional research and preparing monthly financial reporting
- Review monthly/quarterly P&L reports and perform variance analysis
- Deep financial analysis – have a strong understanding of the “why” behind the numbers
- Assist in the monthly forecasting and annual budgeting process
- Analyze financial results to include conclusions and insights on trends and variances
- Build strong relationships and collaborate with business leaders to become a trusted finance advisor
- Support financial system (Adaptive Insights) for data maintenance
- Other ad-hoc projects as determined by the finance management team
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business strongly preferred
- 1+ years (Analyst) or 3+ years (Sr. Analyst) of experience directly related to the responsibilities required of the position
- Demonstrated experience cultivating and maintaining strong relationships with employees at multiple levels: peer, manager, executive
- High proficiency in Excel, Powerpoint and database management
- Strong Analytical Abilities
- Excellent communication skills and detailed oriented
- Knowledge of Adaptive, Workday preferred
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an environment of constant change
- Analytical thinker with excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.