What We’re Looking For:
The Director, Product Strategy & Research is responsible for supporting the growth areas of the business in terms of selecting new Products, Programs and University Partners. The role works at the intersection of Business and Product Strategy, so someone who is commercially minded, with strong analytical and research skills, as well as the ability to present well, and build relationships, would be a great fit.
Factors that will make you successful in the role:
- A passion for understanding consumers and articulating customer value propositions across multiple products tied in with an interest in peoples careers and the future of work are key to being successful in the role.
- Experience in competitive research and being able to analyse the wider competitive marketplace.
- Experience in building successful product portfolios which demonstrate product-market fit and follow a sound pricing strategy.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Identification of high potential, commercially viable products and courses through industry and trends analysis.
- Work with the relevant internal stakeholders (finance, marketing leaders and data science etc.) to produce new course budgets, financial viability proposals as well as advise on pricing and forecasting.
- Regular collaboration with senior management and other key stakeholders in support of getting buy-in for new courses and driving focus to high potential courses.
- Hiring and management of a team of Research Analysts.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- At least 6 years relevant working experience (experience in higher education, marketing and/or SaaS based product environments is advantageous).
- Strong data interpretation and analysis skills.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- People management experience.
- Stakeholder relationship management experience.
- Being comfortable with ambiguity, pressure and being able to work flexibly and independently are essential.
- A Director, Product Strategy & Research is expected to work a 9-hr day (including 1-hr lunch break).
- Overtime is not a requirement of the job.
- Flexibility would be required to occasionally accommodate US and/or UK time zones.
A Director, Product Strategy & Research would be required to manage any one or more employees in the following positions:
- Senior Product Strategy & Research Analyst.
- Product Strategy & Research Analyst.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- 4% 2U contribution towards Discovery Life Pension Fund and Group Risk Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.