What We’re Looking For:
The Strategic Partnerships Account Manager will build an employer network of highly engaged companies that commit to providing engagement and employment opportunities for our students and a pipeline of valuable feedback to our business. Our students currently work with some of the world’s premier companies, including Deloitte, Bank of America, and Microsoft. The Strategic Partnerships Account Manager will be responsible for prospecting companies with immediate and long-term talent acquisition needs into our network, then maintaining, nurturing, and growing these partnerships through close account management and ongoing engagement strategies. You will also coordinate opportunities for these companies to interact with our students, including hosting online recruiting events, participating in panel discussions
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Develop, grow, and maintain employer relationships through tactical outbound sourcing, engaging executives at the nation's leading companies who are seeking technical talent. Take a consultative approach to investigating a company’s needs and uncovering new opportunities.
- Nurture partners through various stages of engagement, moving them from Prospect → Pipeline Partner → Evangelist.
- Collect industry feedback on our job seekers’ skills, the quality of our programs, and the caliber of our services.
- Partner closely with the Industry Engagement Team to ensure industry partners are hosting and participating in student-facing events.
- Partner closely with Sr. Manager of Talent & Insights to design tailored referral processes for employer partners, ensuring a quality pipeline of talent from our programs into their organization.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 5+ years of experience in recruiting, business development, sales, or relationship management.
- Passion for making the world a better place through skills-based education.
- Possesses an innate ability to connect with people that energizes them to push forward, even when encountering obstacles or pushback.
- Expert in outreach, business development, and account management best practices. This might include pipeline management strategies, mastery of objection handling, and a track record of building excellent client relationships with a variety of professionals across various industries.
- A careful listener who can translate the needs of hiring managers into opportunities to partner with 2U Insights.
- Results-oriented and can own and deliver on a wide range of OKRs and KPIs.
- Excited by contacting hundreds of potential leads a week. Creating clear task lists and always following up, never missing a beat, is second nature.
- Experience in the tech space previously and the ability to “talk tech” with peers, recruiters, and hiring managers.
- Excellent at developing and following processes, working under deadlines, and meeting delivery goals.
- Experience working with Salesforce CRM, Google Drive/Microsoft Office, and other collaboration tools.
- Organized and detail-oriented. Always up-to-date in documentation and record creation.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
In Colorado, the anticipated base salary for this role is $75,000, with potential bonus eligibility. Note: The final compensation for this position may consider factors including the geographic location where the work is performed (candidate’s assigned office) and prior work experience of the candidate.
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.