What We’re Looking For:
Our Head of Remuneration and Benefits is responsible for overseeing the remuneration, benefits and wellness portfolio for the South Africa, United Kingdom and Australia offices.
The Head of Remuneration and Benefits oversees the implementation and execution of various 2U compensation practices and benefits in these regions based on local market practices, while ensuring global alignment with our headquarters in the U.S.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Act as a center of excellence for the Cape Town and UK teams.
- Work closely with 2U’s Compensation team to ensure global alignment and execution of 2U’s compensation philosophy.
- Ensure a smooth running of the annual salary review process and biannual promotions process. This entails working closely with the global Compensation team on the project plan, and training material and delivering this to the Cape Town and UK office.
- Act as a compensation thinking partner for senior leaders to ensure fair and consistent compensation decisions are made.
- Work closely with the broader compensation team and FP&A on the bonus plan accruals, audits and annual payout.
- Lead the Compensation and Benefits support for enterprise wide part time population including in the US.
- Evaluate all new roles in ZA, Aus and UK to ensure accurate job evaluation and comp assignment for all new roles.
- Approve all Director + hires and promotions, internal transfers and promotions in the ZA and UK region and ensure compensation compliance and consistency.
- Oversee 2U’s medical aid benefit for ZA, through partnership with our vendor, Discovery Health Medical Aid (ZA) and Vitality (UK). Part of this includes ensuring that new hires are educated on the various plans and ensuring a seamless opt-in process, adjustments process, cancelation and offboarding process.
- Oversee 2U’s pension benefit for ZA, through partnership with our vendor, Life (ZA) and Legal & General (UK). Part of this includes ensuring that new hires are educated on the pension plans and ensuring a seamless sign-on process, adjustments process and off-boarding process.
- Oversee 2U’s Employee Assistance Programme in partnership with Healthy Company in ZA.
- Oversee 2U Cape Town’s gym facility (SweatBox) and all SweatBox related activities which include, but are not limited to, yoga classes, pilates, and group training sessions.
- Continuously research and stay ahead of the game when it comes to regional benefits for ZA, UK and Aus, while ensuring global alignment with our Headquarters in the US.
- Lead various wellness initiatives and educational sessions in these regions, including, but not limited to, mental agility series training, mental health talks, and other awareness talks.
- Oversee 2U’s employee recognition programme through You Earned It for ZA and UK (potentially Aus in the future).
- Report on various compensation, benefit and wellness metrics on a monthly basis to the broader People team.
- Work closely with the ZA Payroll team to ensure accurate onboarding and offboarding of employees on our various benefit plans.
- Manage all vendors per region, these include, but are not limited to Discovery Health Medical Aid, Discovery Life, Discovery Healthy Company, ICAS, YouEarnedIt, Vitality, Perkbox, and Pay Me Now.
- Assume day-to-day people management responsibilities of the ZA HRIS team.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 5+ years of relevant working experience within a People/HR team.
- 3+ years of relevant working experience in leading a Compensation and Benefits function.
- Experience in working in a matrix team within an international company preferred.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Data driven with strong analytical skills.
- Self-starter who is not afraid to get your hands dirty.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Gym Instructor
- Benefits Specialist
- HRIS Analyst X2
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- 4% 2U contribution towards Discovery Life Pension Fund and Group Risk Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.