What We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for a talented and motivated graphic designer to join our growing creative team. This position will work closely with designers, copywriters and multimedia experts on the creative team; brand marketing; marketing analytics; and various other teams within the organization to design high-quality marketing assets for our university partner programs.
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit a link to your digital portfolio with your resume and application.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Design a wide variety of visually impactful marketing assets for our higher education partners (60%).
- Design stunning marketing assets for our partner programs, including brand identity manuals, websites, advertising, emails and digital advertising.
- Ensure visual differentiation by actively exploring new visual solutions for 2U partner programs.
- Create and maintain the visual identities for our partner programs and ensure consistent application of identities across channels.
- Design with a mobile-first approach.
- Manage multiple project deadlines across multiple programs.
- Work independently on projects with minimal oversight.
- Stay attuned to channel and program-specific best practices (such as accessibility and mobile-first design).
- Collaborate with cross-team and creative stakeholders on conceptual and strategy-driven projects (20%).
- Partner with front-end developers to create innovative solutions to help propel our web designs forward.
- Initiate new creative ideas and approaches that strengthen our communications and solve for specific marketing challenges.
- Work with marketing stakeholders to understand and communicate best practices across a range of data-driven marketing channels.
- Participate in lively and productive brainstorming sessions that stimulate creative thinking and inspire new ideas.
- Strategically analyze creative briefs to create work that aligns with marketing stakeholder needs (20%).
- Take direction from creative briefs, documented channel-specific best practices and previous performance data to produce and direct high-performing creative.
- Present work to stakeholders with powerful written or verbal rationales that speak to the creative decisions and marketing strategies.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required; master’s a plus
- Minimum 4 years of industry experience
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite
- Intermediate experience using UX/UI tools such as Adobe XD or Figma
- Demonstrate creative problem-solving skills, conceptual thinking and foundational design skills with a strong portfolio
- Experience creating and maintaining brand guidelines across multiple channels
- Experience collaborating with copywriters, multimedia designers, animators and video editors
- A discerning eye for branding aesthetics and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to find creative, unorthodox solutions when needed
- Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple projects and programs simultaneously
- Must be open to feedback and be able to take direction while also driving projects without a lot of oversight
- Calm, flexible and able to work under pressure or with tight deadlines
- Solid interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work on cross-functional teams
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Experience working as a designer within an agency (preferred)
- Experience working with sophisticated brands (preferred)
- Experience in higher education (preferred)
Occasional travel may be required.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.