What We’re Looking For:
As a CRO Manager, you play a key role in driving marketing team success via the development of our full-funnel conversion strategy and UX best practices. A successful manager understands the various conversion paths in our funnel and can help lead team members in implementing marketing and testing strategies to improve conversion rates. The manager works with analysts to prioritize and pursue experiments that have the greatest business ROI potential. You will work closely with marketing stakeholders to optimize all user journey touchpoints with the goal of improving the prospective student experience. This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for marketing to develop their analytical, project management, and marketing strategy skills.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Directly manage a team of CRO analysts and create conversion strategies for those analysts to implement.
- Set analysis and optimization priorities and goals across marketing channels while reporting regularly to Vice President and Director-level stakeholders.
- Lead team-wide conversion and experimentation strategy through quarterly planning and implementation of testing.
- Oversee all conversion rate optimization tests, interfacing with key stakeholders on the demand generation, brand marketing, creative, production, and technology teams.
- Prioritize portfolio experimentation work based on potential business impact on a quarterly basis and work with stakeholders to execute on those testing plans.
- Remain abreast of web marketing and user experience trends that can be translated into tests or projects for our own marketing sites.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, computer science, or a quantitative field.
- 5+ years of experience in digital marketing.
- 3+ years of experience with conversion rate optimization (CRO) using A/B/Multivariate tools such as Optimizely.
- 3+ years of experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools. Bonus points for programming language (Python, R, SQL) experience.
- 3+ years experience with Google Analytics, Google Analytics Certification preferred.
- Prior experience with search engine optimization (SEO) is a plus.
- Comfort with learning and discussing technical concepts related to web development and information systems.
- Ability to recognize data issues as well as investigate and propose solutions.
- Strong attention to detail, love of process-building, and desire to help grow a business unit.
- Ability to recognize and use KPIs to prioritize work in a constantly changing environment.
- Experience partnering and building strong relationships with internal teams to test, build, launch and improve marketing sites and overall web experience.
- Ability to recommend data collection and analysis strategy for a wide array of projects.
- Demonstrates leadership abilities and is able to aid younger team members in their development.
- Ability to use data to prioritize tasks and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Communicate insights and recommendations effectively across multiple functions and levels throughout the marketing organization.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Excellent communication, presentation, writing and research skills.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.