What We’re Looking For:
The Salesforce Engineering team is responsible for code-driven automation and UX in 2U’s multiple Salesforce Orgs as well as collaborating on API integrations with product teams. Our Salesforce customizations and integrations have all been developed internally by a consistent team since 2U’s founding in 2008. 2U is growing rapidly and the team is focused on optimizing scalability and usability of our Salesforce systems.
We are looking for developers experienced with and committed to the Salesforce platform who enjoy working in a collaborative environment of like-minded makers. You’ll be collaborating directly with integration developers, product managers and business analysts to build productized Salesforce applications that allow easy distribution and iteration. Your ideas and efforts for innovation are encouraged so we can get the most out of Salesforce with each new release.
Our Salesforce Integrations use all of the following technologies, your familiarity with or capability to learn them is highly valued.
- Database Administration:
- SQL, SOQL, T-SQL, GraphQL
- MySQL, MongoDB/MongoEngine
- Aurora, Redshift, Kinesis, CloudWatch
- Event-driven architecture:
- Segment, StreamSets, Kafka, Amazon Lambda
- Change Management
- Git, Copado, CircleCI
- Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Salesforce administration, development and API integration
- Creating and maintaining Apex and Visualforce applications
- Salesforce REST, Metadata, Streaming and Bulk APIs
- Deployment tools for version control and continuous integration
- Database administration, data migration and ETL integration
- XML, JSON manipulation and parsing
Over time, we expect you to grow by learning and practicing the following skills:
- Advocating for improvements to frameworks and SDLC
- Developing Salesforce Lightning Components for improved UX
- Planning and estimating development tasks and short-term projects
- Participating in application level technical design
- Participating in technical interviews
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability and 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
In Colorado, the anticipated base salary for this role is $122,520, with potential bonus and equity eligibility. Note: The final compensation for this position may consider factors including the geographic location where the work is performed (candidate’s assigned office) and prior work experience of the candidate.
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.