What We’re Looking For:
An Intermediate Business Systems Analyst to envision, plan, design and coordinate the implementation of systems and processes that provide strategically aligned business value.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Assess business needs utilizing a structured requirements process (elicitation, gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to assist in identifying business priorities and advises on options.
- Compile, define, and communicate business requirements and functional specifications for the implementation of business solutions.
- Analyze business processes and procedures to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities for improvements.
- Compile user test cases and system integration testing and validates test results during testing.
- Monitor testing processes to ensure that business requirements are adequately met with minimal disruption to operations.
- Ensure test strategies involve appropriate integration and process components.
- Ensure integrity of systems from an architectural and maintenance perspective are maintained in satisfying client requirements.
- Foster and maintain superb communication between team members and business units.
- May meet regularly with BSA team to gather work statuses.
- Provides advice, guidance, encouragement and constructive feedback to BSA’s.
- Ensures work, information, ideas, and technology flow freely across teams.
- Maintain business unit backlog management processes.
- Monitor and ensure the stability of all systems for which you are responsible and/or that your business units rely on.
- Manage business stakeholder/client expectations.
- Understand the domain(s) for which you will be responsible.
- Work closely with functional business units to achieve strategic priorities through the implementation or refinement of business systems and processes.
- Proactively seek opportunities for automation or scale within the business.
- Establishes and maintains a good working relationship with business units in order to provide effective solutions to their problems.
- Manage ambiguity and dependencies around business requirements.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- At least 5 years+ ICT job-related experience of which 2+ years should be as a Business and/or Systems Analyst.
- Superb communication skills required.
- Ability to rapidly grasp concepts and think creatively about solutions.
- A sound understanding of a wide variety of technologies.
- Previous technical experience preferred.
- Ability to deal with high levels of ambiguity.
- Experience and certification in process thinking (Lean, KanBan, 6-Sigma, etc.) preferred.
- Experience leveraging Software as a Service to achieve business value delivery.
- Proficient in SQL, MySQL.
- Exposure to Project Management best practices and processes advantageous.
- IT framework certifications (ITIL, COBIT, etc.) advantageous.
- Experience in Process Mapping and Improvement (UML, BPMN 2.0).
- Demonstrated experience with working within project teams in order to delivery medium to large IT related projects.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including aptitude towards problem identification, resolution, comprehension and interpretation of technical procedures.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- 4% 2U contribution towards Discovery Life Pension Fund and Group Risk Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.