What We’re Looking For:
The Lead Specialist, Paid Search is responsible for operationalizing major initiatives across 2U’s global portfolio of educational offerings, including degree programs, bootcamps, and short courses. This role will contribute heavily to the innovation and testing roadmap for paid search and own the new product launch process. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills and a proven ability to mobilize complex projects and deliver against targets.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
Operationalize major portfolio initiatives
- Transform test results and innovation concepts into actionable, scalable initiatives that evolve the paid search function.
- Establish business justification and obtain buy-in from leadership and impacted stakeholders for all projects.
- Lead portfolio initiatives end-to-end, including planning, communication, execution, timelines, and measurement.
- Synthesize and disseminate key insights to global marketing stakeholders, contributing to a culture of transparent communication and shared learning.
Lead paid search innovation and testing strategy across lines of business
- Contribute to and influence the innovation and testing roadmap for paid search, including creative, new platform capabilities, and media tactics that support delivery against overall business objectives and marketing priorities.
- Develop and maintain a system for prioritizing and tracking tests to maximize learning and improve transparency.
- Mentor and develop others’ ideas into well-defined, measurable test proposals.
- Work directly with platform reps to understand current industry trends and stay up to speed on recommended best practices and new betas.
- Act as the main point of contact and key collaborator with cross-functional peers.
- Hold the team accountable to day-to-day process execution and incorporate their feedback into process improvements on a regular basis.
Own new product launch process for paid search
- Act as project manager for new program launches. Work cross-functionally to understand timelines, product nuances, and strategic priorities for each new launch.
- Improve existing approach to new launches, and maintain associated process, training, and documentation.
Identify opportunities to outsource work and manage associated vendors, such as freelance copywriters
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field required.
- 3-7 years of marketing strategy, digital media, or business analytics experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to mobilize complex projects and deliver against targets.
- Strong business judgement, ability to assess risks and prioritize based on impact.
- Experience with test design, execution and measurement.
- Advanced knowledge of digital marketing. Specific experience with paid search a plus.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Multi-tasking, flexibility and ability to consistently evaluate priorities.
- Strong project management discipline, including development of project plans, assessment and mitigation of risk, effectively meeting management and tracking actions and issues.
- Enjoys close collaboration with others, but also values working independently.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an environment of constant change.
- Creative, high-energy, innovative, proactive, and resourceful.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break.
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.