What We’re Looking For:
The Faculty Success Team empowers faculty from 2U partner universities to create an engaging digital learning environment that delivers transformative student outcomes. The Faculty Assessment Specialist will lead the Faculty Success’ team efforts to train and support faculty on effectively creating, facilitating and grading assessments within 2U’s technology. A person successful in this position will have extensive experience with various approaches to facilitating student assessment and accreditation processes within higher education. Experience should also include use of proctoring and academic integrity services in an online environment. The Faculty Assessment Specialist will be responsible for developing and facilitating internal and faculty assessment training services as well as collaborating with 2U’s technology, accessibility, and curriculum teams to maintain consistency and quality of 2U’s assessment approach.
This is a fully remote position, but to encourage team connectedness (e.g. ease with getting to team off-sites etc.) we prefer to hire individuals within 50 miles of one of our office locations.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Build and maintain internal and faculty resources related to assessing student knowledge and skills through 2U’s technological environment. This includes the use of plagiarism, proctoring, and other integrity software. (35%)
- Train and coach 2Utes on effective assessment strategies in higher education (20%)
- Provide workshop and coaching opportunities for faculty related assessments (15%)
- Research curricula and learning standards of the disciplines represented in 2U’s degree partners and create guidelines for building student assessments within those disciplines (15%)
- Collect and analyze data on the effectiveness of 2U’s assessment strategies in order to advocate for alternative approaches and resources as necessary (15%)
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s strongly preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience in education;
- In depth experience creating student assessments in higher education, particularly in an online environment.
- Familiarity with plagiarism, proctoring, and other student integrity software
- Experience with learning technology and adult learning theory
- Experience with Salesforce, Tableau, Mailchimp and WalkMe a plus
- Experience using authoring software such as Adobe Captivate or Articulate
- Advanced computer skills (Current Microsoft & Apple OS, Microsoft Office, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE, Google Applications)
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability and 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
In Colorado, the anticipated base salary for this role is ($60,000), with potential bonus eligibility. Note: The final compensation for this position may consider factors including the geographic location where the work is performed (candidate’s assigned office) and prior work experience of the candidate.
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.