What We’re Looking For:
The Data Scientist II will lead advanced analytical research, development, and implementation. This is a highly quantitative role that requires analytical aptitude, strong programming skills, and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for someone who is excited about solving business problems, has experience running experiments at scale in enterprise settings, has experience training and evaluating machine learning models in production, and has an aptitude for learning new skills and techniques.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Design and analyze randomized controlled experiments to support an array of business problems from marketing to contact strategy, including experiment ideation, experimental design, monitoring, data analysis, code review, and communication of results
- Design, develop and apply machine learning algorithms, automated decision engines and other models to support an array of business problems from marketing to survey analytics
- Partner with engineers to productionize code, schedule jobs, and integrate into 2U software ecosystem
- Collaborate with stakeholders and Product to gain domain knowledge, clarify and define requirements, and plan and estimate development tasks and short and medium-term projects
- Ad hoc statistical analysis, reporting and visualization as needed
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Degree in data science, statistics, mathematics, computer science, economics or other quantitative field required; Graduate degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience running online controlled experiments at scale
- 2+ years of experience applying advanced analytic techniques in classification, regression, optimization and natural language processing in production settings
- Proficient in either R or Python
- Extensive experience with SQL
- Experience extracting data from different database architectures
- Advanced knowledge of applied statistics and machine learning techniques
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.