What We’re Looking For:
2U is an education technology company that enables leading colleges and universities to deliver their higher education degrees to qualified students anywhere. We work with many prestige universities across the entire student lifecycle and are currently seeking a UX Researcher to join our User Experience team.
- You are a mixed-methods researcher, confident moving from generative to evaluative, from qualitative ethnographic to quantitative sample validation, and are ready to bring these skills to a high impact role within higher education.
- You are a storyteller who can get people excited about data and insights.
- You are a systems-thinker that strives to connect the dots between customer requirements, business drivers, and user needs.
- You’re a career researcher who understands the role of applied research in a complex technology and service firm, uncovering and investigating user needs is your passion, and at some point in your recent career you have had the word “research” or “strategy” in your job title.
- You can think and act beyond research into the outcomes and strategy work that your research ultimately influences.
- You are disciplined about archiving and sharing your work.
- You know the best way to do research, but are also comfortable working in a lean fashion within a fast-paced startup environment, where conditions, timelines, and constraints are rarely ideal.
- You thrive with the support of your UX team (designers and researchers), but are also able to work independently when needed.
- You know how to work with peers and stakeholders in other departments, in and out of technology, and understand how to steward them through the thinking your research is in service of.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Coordinate and conduct user interviews and usability tests with students, faculty, and internal technology users.
- Lead contextual inquiries with one of our partner-programs (eg. Masters of Information and Data Science at UC Berkeley) and/or compose user journey maps.
- Present your findings to the executive leadership team and influence strategic decisions within the Technology organization.
- Help refine our operational research processes (eg. recruiting, research archiving, etc).
- Build relationships with members of our Curriculum & Learning, Data Science, Market Research, and Customer Success teams to ensure that the UX team leverages perspectives from across the company.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 2-4+ years of experience in the technology industry conducting qualitative user research, preferably in-house in a product environment.
- Experience planning, conducting, and designing qualitative and quantitative research: usability tests (remote and in-person), interviews, and contextual inquiry.
- Experience with basic data analysis techniques central tendency, linear regression, and collaboration with data science teams.
- General understanding of technology trends, specifically web and mobile application usage.
- Comfort with the logistical challenges and workflows of recruiting for research
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Degree in HCI, Social Science, Psychology, or a related field.
- Experience working with university faculty or in a university environment
- Experience with the EdTech industry, online education, or learning science
- Experience working in an enterprise technology environment
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.