What We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for a senior-level graphic designer to join our growing in-house creative team. This position requires at least five years of experience designing marketing assets, including brand design, digital advertising, websites and email campaigns.
The senior graphic designer is expected to represent the creative team with marketing stakeholders and create identities and assets for a range of 2U-powered programs. The senior graphic designer also reviews the work of other designers and offers constructive feedback, and assists with mentoring and training new hires.
A portfolio of work is required for this position. Include a link to your portfolio with your application and cover letter.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Design a wide variety of visually impactful marketing assets for our higher education partners
- Design stunning, cohesive marketing assets for our university partner brands; including websites, advertising, emails, presentations, print collateral and brand identity manuals.
- Ensure visual differentiation by actively exploring new visual solutions for 2U partner programs.
- Manage new program launches and the creation of brand style guides without oversight.
- Understand and work from creative briefs submitted by stakeholders; meet the goals of the project as established in the brief while offering creative solutions to strategic challenges.
- Establish and maintain the visual identities for our partner programs and ensure consistent and powerful application of identities across channels.
- Design with a mobile-first approach.
- Manage multiple project deadlines across multiple programs.
- Translate complex concepts into clear, concise, and reader-friendly assets.
- Act as a mentor to other designers, reviewing design and offering constructive feedback that strengthens the work.
- Analyze creative briefs and ensure work meets creative goals and strategy.
- Provide feedback to other members of the team, supporting growth and development of less experienced designers.
- Support designers in understanding strategy and 2U marketing.
- Work closely and independently with other members of the creative team, including writers, designers, videographers, animators, and team leadership.
- Establish and maintain relationships with marketing stakeholders across brand marketing,CRO, web production, and advertising operations teams.
- Manage and maintain all design assets for multiple programs and act as direct point-of-contact for those programs.
- Present work to stakeholders and offer clear, strategic rationales that support creative.
- Approach projects collaboratively, working with stakeholders across marketing, while upholding the team’s mission and values.
- Partner with front-end developers to create innovative solutions to help propel our web designs forward.
- Act as a leader on the creative team, offering support to managers and team leadership.
- Establish new processes and efficiencies across the creative team.
- Work with marketing stakeholders to understand and communicate best practices across a range of data-driven marketing formats as well as performance data.
- Communicate concerns, challenges, ideas, and solutions with manager and/or team leadership.
- Conduct interviews with designer candidates, and assist with training of new team members.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor's degree required; master’s in relevant field a plus
- Minimum 7 years of industry experience
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite
- Demonstrate breadth of experience and solid design skills with a strong portfolio
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Experience delegating projects, art directing and critiquing the work of other designers
- Experience working with photographers, drafting shot lists and art directing shoots on location
- Experience creating and maintaining brand guidelines across multiple channels
- Experience collaborating with copywriters, multimedia designers, animators and video editors
- A discerning eye for branding aesthetics and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to find creative, unorthodox solutions when needed
- Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple projects and programs simultaneously
- Must be open to feedback and be able to take direction while also driving projects without a lot of oversight
- Calm, flexible and able to work under pressure or with tight deadlines
- Experience working as a designer within an agency (preferred)
- Experience working with sophisticated brands (preferred)
- Experience in higher education (preferred)
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.