What We’re Looking For:
Develop and manage cloud infrastructure for all hosted systems used by the Short Course business (GetSmarter). The work includes deployment, monitoring, maintenance, enhancement, backups and disaster recovery of systems to ensure rapid value delivery and stability as well as mentoring team members.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Design and build state-of-the-art cloud based systems.
- Automate the deployment and configuration of cloud systems.
- Maintain and improve CI and CD pipelines.
- Ensure the availability, performance and scalability of cloud systems.
- Improve the security of cloud systems.
- Evaluate and implement new technologies and products.
- Actively look for ways to improve systems and reduce complexity.
- Improve developer workflow and productivity.
- Understand current systems architecture and drive improvement according to long term company strategic objectives.
- Perform maintenance and enhancements of cloud systems.
- Provision team member access to cloud systems.
- Be available to respond to urgent incidents after hours.
- Work with team members or independently to create effective solutions to business problems.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to achieve business objectives.
- Understand the roadmap and how current work relates to the strategic goals.
- Communicate progress effectively with team members and business stakeholders.
- Practice effective time management when planning and completing sprints.
- Actively participate in code reviews.
- Give and receive constructive peer feedback.
- Live the company values.
- Drive self-improvement.
- Develop strategic thinking skills.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Degree in engineering, computer science or related field.
- 5 years experience in software engineering or DevOps engineering.
- 5 years experience using AWS.
- Able to be on call after hours.
- High stress, fast paced environment.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- 4% 2U contribution towards Discovery Life Pension Fund and Group Risk Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.