What We’re Looking For:
The Email Marketing Specialist owns email campaign execution, analysis, and optimization. Specialists will utilize multiple email deployment systems and tools to launch and analyze email campaigns on a daily basis. You will coordinate multiple email campaigns by strategizing with multiple stakeholders and collecting various creative assets to ensure email campaigns deploy on-time and on par with extremely high standards. You must thrive in a fast-paced business environment and have the ability to adapt to changing priorities, strict deadlines, and a commitment to quality execution.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Execute campaign sends and tests following a thorough, error-free deployment procedure including email and audience setup, and appropriate QA steps.
- Drive email campaign strategy for a portfolio of programs by leveraging email performance data. Work closely with marketing stakeholders to suggest campaign best practices and work collaboratively on strategy and audience segmentation.
- Monitor and report on the overall campaign results (deliverability, standard metrics reports, A/B test results).
- Ensure that all appropriately formatted email assets and instructions are submitted from Marketing and Admissions teams; organize images and content files from in-house creative resources for email, templates, and landing pages.
- Remain abreast of email marketing trends that can be translated into improvements of campaigns.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 1 - 2 years experience deploying, developing and optimizing email campaigns
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud or ExactTarget experience strongly preferred
- Experience interpreting email performance data, reports, and visualizations
- Proven execution & understanding of email best practices
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (e.g. charting, formulas, analysis, etc.)
- Familiar with A/B testing best practices
- Must be a team-player, able to effectively communicate with various departments/stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills and “get-it-done’ attitude
- Highly proactive, self-starter with ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Working knowledge of HTML, SQL is a plus
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability and 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
In Colorado, the anticipated base salary for this role is $55,000, with potential bonus eligibility. Note: The final compensation for this position may consider factors including the geographic location where the work is performed (candidate’s assigned office) and prior work experience of the candidate.
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.