2U’s internship program, the 2ternship, has been a critical part of 2U's growth since the inception of the company. Many individuals, including some executive leaders, started their careers as 2terns and continue their tenure today here at 2U.
A 2ternship allows students to build skill sets in their area of interest, gain real world business experience and receive ongoing feedback to maximize their professional development. Our 2terns attend meetings with senior executives, shadow colleagues and utilize various training resources throughout their work tenure. 2terns experience this all while being a part of a diverse and inclusive organization that is working towards one common mission - making education more accessible and global.
This is a 6 month full-time paid internship which will expose you to the world of EdTech.
As 2U grows, we aim to continue attracting top talent to this program. Check out #LifeAt2U on Instagram and Twitter to see what our culture is like and more of what our 2terns experience on a daily basis.
Finance and Accounting Team:
The Finance and Accounting team is responsible for financial reporting and record keeping, within the debtors and creditors function. They are responsible for the company’s budgeting forecast process, properly accounting for the treatment of revenue, expenses, assets and liabilities as well as monitoring the financial performance of our service offerings. The finance team is the point of contact for all student financial related requests and ensure the company has a smooth running internal financial process.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Assist the Finance and Accounting team with month end tasks and reporting.
- Process invoices for payments (creditors).
- Manage and resolve student and internal employees’ financial queries.
- Prepare/build relevant financial reports using SQL and reporting in Tableau.
- Maintain accurate and complete financial records.
- Analyze employee time sheets to understand the cost of production of the product.
- Be agile in assisting with administrative tasks as per the business' needs.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Currently enrolled (final year) or have recently completed a tertiary qualification.
- Previous experience working with excel required; experience with SQL and Tableau preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer Service experience.
- Ability to research and understand technical documents.
- Focus on achieving defined results, by being detail-oriented and exceeding goals and objectives.
- Ability to multitask, switch priorities, collaborate with colleagues and be flexible.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Strong knowledge of web applications and basic software such as Google Suite.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment while working with a diverse team.
- Ability to thrive in an environment of change while constantly adapting and evolving with our organization.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.