Why Join Us?
At 2U, Inc., we share a common belief that education can change lives. So when you work for 2U, you become a part of that. A team whose guiding principles are comprised of striving for excellence, having fun, being bold and fearless, and cherishing each opportunity. Want to head into work knowing you’re part of a purpose-driven company and your hard work has an impact on lives? Join us.
2U’s internship program, the 2ternship, has been a critical part of 2U's growth since the inception of the company. Many individuals, including some executive leaders, started their careers as 2terns and continue their tenure today here at 2U.
A 2ternship allows students to build skill sets in their area of interest, gain real world business experience and receive ongoing feedback to maximize their professional development. Our 2terns attend meetings with senior executives, shadow colleagues and utilize various training resources throughout their work tenure. 2terns experience this all while being a part of a diverse and inclusive organization that is working towards one common mission - making education more accessible and global.
As 2U grows, we aim to continue attracting top talent to this program. Check out #LifeAt2U on Instagram and Twitter to see what our culture is like and more of what our 2terns experience on a daily basis.
This is a 6 month full-time paid internship which will expose you to the world of EdTech.
IT Infrastructure and Support Team
2U’s IT Infrastructure and Support teams build and manage the technologies that enable the best learning outcomes for students enrolled in our University partner programs, as well as support the technology for our 2U employees. Teams are responsible for provisioning, configuring, and maintaining both our internally and externally-facing hardware and software systems. In addition, they are responsible for any website or system a prospective student interfaces with, including our learning management system. Teams work directly with engineers, project managers, UX, product managers, and business analysts in a highly collaborative manner ensuring the technology is utilized to maximize performance of our technology systems.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Provide assistance with launching new software and applications.
- Assist the team with deployment of new hardware (servers, switches, routers, etc.).
- Work with stakeholders on new requests and prioritize them for assignment by system administrators and engineers.
- Perform routine maintenance on existing IT systems and applications.
- Create and maintain documentation associated with internal infrastructure.
- Assist with day to day operations including ticket triage.
- Perform administrative and clerical duties as needed.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Currently enrolled or have recently completed a tertiary qualification.
- Broad understanding of basic computing services and IT systems: Google Apps For Business, Salesforce, JIRA.
- Strong ability to work with technical administrators and engineers and translate technical requirements into project plans.
- Experience and knowledge with office networking: routers, firewalls, switches, WAPs, WiFi security, VLANs, subnets, site to site and client
- VPN, networked printing, networked security.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to research and understand technical documents.
- Focus on achieving defined results, by being detail-oriented and exceeding goals and objectives.
- Ability to multitask, switch priorities, collaborate with colleagues and be flexible.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Broad familiarity with cloud computing, Networking and Telecom verticals.
- Experience working in multi-domain environments.
- Strong knowledge of web applications and basic software such as Google Suite.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment while working with a diverse team.
- Ability to thrive in an environment of change while constantly adapting and evolving with our organization
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.