Why Join Us?
At 2U, Inc., we share a common belief that education can change lives. So when you work for 2U, you become a part of that. A team whose guiding principles are comprised of striving for excellence, having fun, being bold and fearless, and cherishing each opportunity. Want to head into work knowing you’re part of a purpose-driven company and your hard work has an impact on lives? Join us.
2U’s internship program, the 2ternship, has been a critical part of 2U's growth since the inception of the company. Many individuals, including some executive leaders, started their careers as 2terns and continue their tenure today here at 2U.
A 2ternship allows students to build skill sets in their area of interest, gain real world business experience and receive ongoing feedback to maximize their professional development. Our 2terns attend meetings with senior executives, shadow colleagues and utilize various training resources throughout their work tenure. 2terns experience this all while being a part of a diverse and inclusive organization that is working towards one common mission - making education more accessible and global.
This is a 6 month full-time paid internship which will expose you to the world of EdTech.
As 2U grows, we aim to continue attracting top talent to this program. Check out #LifeAt2U on Instagram and Twitter to see what our culture is like and more of what our 2terns experience on a daily basis.
Content Design Team
The 2U design teams include multimedia, creative, graphic design and motion design teams. These teams produce web layouts, graphics and other creative items as a part of overall marketing efforts. As a design intern, you will work with writers, editors, marketing coordinators and other designers to create high quality work that is grounded in the values of our University partners to support 2U’s digital marketing platforms.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Create conceptual designs for marketing collateral such as infographics, editorial content, videos, and presentations.
- Ensure visual differentiation by actively exploring new visual solutions for our 2U partner programs.
- Create and maintain the visual identities for our partner programs and ensure consistent application of identities across channels.
- Manage requests for new creative refinements.
- Work with internal marketing teams, designers, copywriters and multimedia experts to design high-quality marketing assets for our university partner programs.
- Partner with front-end developers to create innovative solutions to help propel our web designs forward.
- Be agile in assisting with administrative tasks as per the business' needs.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Currently enrolled or have recently completed a tertiary qualification.
- Majors in graphic design, art, UI/UX and web design are preferred.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud software.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS coding.
- Foundational knowledge of typography.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to research and understand technical documents.
- Focus on achieving defined results, by being detail-oriented and exceeding goals and objectives.
- Ability to multitask, switch priorities, collaborate with colleagues and be flexible.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Knowledge of multiple paid social and display channels such as Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. including a firm understanding of creative best practices in various paid advertising channels.
- A passion for digital design and/or web development.
- Strong knowledge of web applications and basic software.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment while working with a diverse team.
- Ability to thrive in an environment of change while constantly adapting and evolving with our organization.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.