What We’re Looking For:
The Director, IT Systems is responsible for leading and managing the IT Systems Team within the broader IT Infrastructure portfolio. This team is chiefly responsible for employee facing technologies and applications including a combination of SaaS services, on-premise servers, cloud systems, office systems, and identity platforms. This individual will provide technical vision as well as managerial oversight of the team while managing priorities and technical projects on their team. They will work with the VP of IT as well as peers and stakeholders on road mapping and resource planning/allocation. They will serve as a senior technical escalation point for issues and challenges the team may face and provide overall feedback and guidance.
The ideal candidate for this position has a passion for technology and deep experience leading IT teams and initiatives with a focus on migrating services to the cloud and managing them. They challenge themselves to stay on the bleeding edge of technology and constantly bring innovative ideas to solve business problems in a cloud first, fast paced environment. They are proactive and constantly looking for new opportunities for improvement and how to advance the team and company. They have a deep technical background and are able and eager to assist the team with engineering tasks as needed.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Develop technical vision, roadmaps, and project plans for the team and manage those projects accordingly.
- Responsible for managing, mentoring, and growing the IT Systems technical staff.
- Design, manage, and prioritize workflows and processes for the team to optimize efficiency without sacrificing quality.
- Work with business stakeholders on new requests and prioritize them for assignment by system engineers.
- Serve as a senior technical advisor to the team and help guide overall strategy.
- Provide routine updates to VP, IT on projects and team metrics.
- Coordinate with other members of the IT team on cross-functional projects and deliverables.
- Ensure adequate documentation is completed for assigned tickets and projects.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 10+ years working in IT or related field managing systems, applications, and servers. Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline desired from an accredited college or university.
- 5+ years managing technical teams consisting of admins and engineers.
- Strong experience in project management through demonstrated experience.
- Ability to design, manage, and implement processes and procedures for technical teams.
- Experience designing, deploying, and managing multi-tiered/virtualized server environments and applications.
- Experience migrating traditional systems and applications to services like AWS and Azure Active Directory
- Experience with automation technology and demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking to streamline repetitive tasks.
- Systems Administration on both Linux and Windows Servers
- Experience working with Windows Servers and Active Directory environments.
- Experience managing infrastructure as code with tools such as Terraform, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Deep understanding in supporting cloud environments/systems such as Google Workspace, AWS, and Azure.
- Experience with Identity and Access Management (IAM) tools, processes, and ability to implement.
- Strong technical proficiency and hands-on experience surrounding IT Infrastructure technologies (Hyper-V, SAN, monitoring, SAML, etc.).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while working on concurrent projects/tasks.
- Experience working in an Agile environment utilizing aspects of scrum.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability and 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
In Colorado, the anticipated base salary for this role is $123,600, with potential bonus and equity eligibility. Note: The final compensation for this position may consider factors including the geographic location where the work is performed (candidate’s assigned office) and prior work experience of the candidate.
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.