What We’re Looking For:
The Training Team at 2U is responsible, in part, for driving forward the strategic goals of 2U’s business. We are looking for an Instructional Designer who will drive the planning and design for continuous learning of synchronous and asynchronous content for 2U employees. This person will work with trainers and subject matter experts to develop training materials that are aligned with the business needs and goals. The Instructional Designer will work closely with Trainers to hone in on needs of 2U’s business to deliver comprehensive, engaging and impactful trainings.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Lead effective and collaborative training planning meetings both face-to-face and remotely
- Collaborate with department heads and with key colleagues within 2U departments to shape a high-level approach to a given training within the first several meetings
- Define and document learning objectives
- Conduct research and collaborate with subject experts
- Define and document learning objectives
- Move quickly from a high-level training plan to a detailed outline of training content broken down to the page level
- Create instructional material: courses, curriculum, student guides or training manuals in an asynchronous format
- Design content to optimize learning
- Generate the layout of the learning supports
- Redesign content to ensure it matches the learner's needs
- Create visual, audio and interactive learning tools
- Convey a sense of confidence and competence throughout this process, meeting any hurdles or resistance you might face with a calm, positive mindset
- Provide or facilitate the provision of subject-matter guidance to your colleagues in the 2U training department, not only during the training planning phase, but also as your trainings and move out of planning and into actual production
- Identify opportunities, define and develop new curriculum when the existing trainings and curriculum seem inadequate to the needs of a given department or team
- Develop process to discuss feedback with participants in training modules
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree in Instructional Design a plus
- At least 4 years of instructional design experience
- Experience working in a corporate environment
- Audio and video editing skills
- Enthusiasm for learning
- Demonstrated knowledge of instructional design concepts
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Listens closely and speaks purposefully
- Communicates in a tactful, concise and persuasive manner, both orally and in writing
- Takes pride in producing high-quality training content that will benefit the organization
- Achieves defined results, often exceeding goals and objectives
- Identifies ways in which things can be done better without being asked
- Collaborates well with others under strict deadlines
- Experience building e-learning content in Workday is a plus
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.