What We’re Looking For:
Responsible for implementing and operation of business domain products.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Follow best practices when implementing work.
- Actively research topics to gain a better understanding.
- Follow SOLID principles.
- Test-driven development.
- Look for opportunities to refactor existing code.
- Write clean and maintainable code.
- Work with team members to provide story points for upcoming work.
- Actively participate in code reviews.
- Communicate progress effectively with team members and business stakeholders.
- Effective time management for completing a sprint.
- Break up tasks into smaller pieces for shorter turnaround time.
- Work with business stakeholders to deliver work.
- Provide business domain knowledge to help drive decision making by business.
- Understand the roadmap and how current work relates to the strategic goals.
- Live the company's values.
- Actively look for opportunities to improve.
- Drive self-improvement.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- ± 1 years web development experience.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Personal time management is important.
- Ensure that administrative tasks, e.g. CapEx tracking sheet and Jira tickets, are updated in a timely manner.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- 4% 2U contribution towards Discovery Life Pension Fund and Group Risk Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.