What We’re Looking For:
The Career Director is responsible for providing individualized coaching to their caseload of job seekers. The Career Director will work to meet metrics for employment, student satisfaction, and Employer Ready rates. The Career Director will engage in proactive outreach to all job seekers to ensure every individual has equal access to career coaching.
** Must be willing to work PST hours
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Employment KPIs
- Provide high quality coaching to job seekers to ensure they secure a new job within their desired field within 180 days of graduation.
- Student Satisfaction KPIs
- Utilize all available data to make data driven decisions to meet student satisfaction goals.
- Employer Ready Rates
- Drive Employer Ready rates through high quality coaching and promoting all Career Services offerings.
- Conduct proactive outreach to all job seekers in caseload to ensure all students have equal access to Career Services.
- Professional Development
- Engage in professional development with the full team and within regions to continuously improve coaching techniques.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 4 years of experience in recruiting, education or process improvement
- Experience in Career Services field or professional coaching
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Google Docs, Zoom, Salesforce preferred
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- You are excited to engage with students and provide to them daily coaching, support and encouragement throughout the job search process.
- You utilize high quality coaching techniques to build relationships, drive results, and build the skills and mindsets of students to foster independence for lifelong success in their careers.
- You are skilled at identifying areas in which students both excel and need to improve, and can deliver that feedback in ways that feel supportive to students and ignites them to take action.
- You can build rapport quickly over the phone or video; students feel comfortable opening up to you and respect and listen to your recommendations.
- You are interested and excited about becoming an expert in the career opportunities and employer needs of the industries our students are entering— Web Development, Data Analytics, Cybersecurity, UX/UI, Financial Technology, and Digital Marketing.
- You have an eye for detail and are dedicated to maintaining accurate records and reports in Salesforce.
- You know how to analyze data, draw learnings from it, and implement your findings to improve your career coaching.
- You know how to work successfully in a remote environment.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.