What We’re Looking For:
The Senior Cybersecurity Engineer (Security Engineer) will be responsible for providing a high level of support with regards to cybersecurity incidents and issues. This individual will be capable of taking on complex tasks with minimal supervision and act as an escalation point for junior team members.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Work within a global team to support and influence all phases of the incident response process including identify, contain, eradicate, resolve, mitigate and post-mortem reporting.
- Monitor and investigate the company’s computer systems and digital assets for cyber-attacks, incidents and breaches.
- Develop reports from investigation and response efforts.
- Implement strategies for mitigating damage and preventing future cyber-attacks, incidents and breaches.
- Assist with auditing and measurement of security controls.
- Identify risk within the internal and cloud based infrastructure.
- Automate / improve current processes and repetitive daily tasks.
- Design, review applications and architecture adhering to best practises and secure standards.
- Stay abreast of new technologies/tools and how they may benefit the organisation.
- Improve, automate current tools to increase proficiency.
- Keen to learn and constantly self improve.
- Open to change.
- Must be able to work well independently as well as part of a larger team.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- BCom Informatics/BSc Informatics/Computer Science Degree/3 year IT Diploma or relevant experience.
- At least 7 years in the IT industry with a minimum of 3 dedicated to Security.
- System and Network Administration.
- Network Architecture & Security design.
- Familiar with scripting languages and/or automation tools (python, ruby, ansible, chef etc.).
- Firewall Administration.
- Endpoint Protection and management.
- Patch management and vulnerability assessment.
- Certification or experience with multiple operating systems ( Microsoft, Linux, Amazon AMI).
- Technical security certification (GIAC, CEH, OSCP.. etc).
- Premier cyber security specific certifications like (ISC)2, CISSP or ISACA CISM.
- Familiar with on-premise and cloud networking concepts.
- Experience with AWS security and best practises.
- Demonstrable documentation and reporting skills.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Typically the individual will be housed in an office environment at a designated desk/workstation within the Systems & Technology department.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Should be able to use a computer keyboard, calculator, and general office equipment.
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to stand, move and work throughout the office area and properties, including walking up and down 4 flights of stairs, sitting at a designated desk/workstation for the duration of the day.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.