What We’re Looking For:
2U is looking for a Senior SEO Manager to play a key role in growing the organic footprint for a number of 2U Partners via organic marketing, while acting as a thought leader internally and externally with our school partners. This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for marketing and higher education to drive organic strategy and develop a world class team to support organic marketing initiatives.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Grow and manage directly a team of coordinators and analysts, who individually oversee 5+ programs (inclusive of all in-scope SEO projects). Provide necessary guidance, training, and clear communication on project priorities to your team. Enable further development of individual team members.
- Drive SEO strategy for internal teams by powering content, technical, and off-page projects, with the goal to increase revenue.
- Drive program-specific goal setting and project planning. Design projects focused on priorities and targets, and monitor overall performance, while reporting regularly to leadership.
- Strengthen frameworks that increase efficiencies of entire SEO team and work with Content, Creative, and others to do so.
- Oversee portfolio-level SEO Performance using BrightEdge, Search Console, Google Analytics, and Internal Dashboards. Maintain vendor relationships.
- Educate internal teams and school partners about SEO best practices and the latest trends.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree (in a business, data, or communications related field is a plus); Graduate degree a plus, but not required.
- 3-5 years SEO/Organic search marketing experience
- Familiarity with leading a team with various levels of experience and expertise, and ability to prioritize tasks and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication, presentation, writing and research skills.
- Proven track record of scalable SEO tactics
- Successful advocacy for organic search & inbound marketing in your last organization
- Deep understanding of:
- Google Analytics, Webmaster and other third-party keyword research, SEO and optimization tools
- Current data visualization tools, Tableau preferred
- Brightedge (or similar SEO platform: Conductor, Searchmetrics)
- Majestic (or similar: Moz, Ahrefs)
- A web analytics platform (Google Analytics preferred)
- Google Adwords
- Search Console
- Strong attention to detail, love of process-building, and desire to help grow a business unit.
- Ability to manage stakeholders, at various levels of the organization, and their needs.
- An interest in developing entry-level coordinators.
- Understanding of conversion rate optimization (CRO) and user experience techniques
- Familiarity with paid search marketing and how paid & organic search works together
- Experience creating client facing reporting
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Ability to maintain a fun, casual, professional and productive team atmosphere.
- Comfortable working with ambiguous concepts and distilling them into sound deliverables.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.