What We’re Looking For:
This role is responsible for assisting the Project Manager with the execution of Course Development projects. This involves liaising with key project stakeholders and reporting back to the project manager as well as providing support to the wider Project Management team. A project coordinator may also be required to manage local projects of their own.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Provide administrative support to the project manager and the wider Project Management team.
- Update project documents including project plans, work breakdown structures and project status updates.
Coordination and Communication
- Support the Project Manager in the daily management of their portfolio including the development of international online education courses.
- Support the Project Manager in scheduling and attending Daily Stand Ups (DSU’s) and weekly meetings with project teams in order to measure project progress.
- Work with the Project Manager in proactively solving problems, doing scenario planning and managing change around project delays.
- Building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment with project timelines.
- Contribute to the overall success and growth of the project management team through collaboration and knowledge sharing.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
- 1-3 years work experience - experience in a Project Management environment advantageous.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- This is a fixed-term contract position.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package for fixed-term employees:
- 1 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.