What We’re Looking For:
The CRM Operations Analyst is responsible for the workflows of the customer facing teams with the primary goal of delighting our customers throughout their purchasing and post-purchase journey.
This role involves optimising and troubleshooting the technologies that are involved in responding to customer requests and ensuring that the teams who answer customers are working as efficiently as possible by identifying and implementing automation opportunities. These technologies include CRM, Contact Centre, Live Chat, Call Scheduling, the Online Learning Campus and any new tools that are added to our suite of customer communication channels.
The CRM Operations Analyst will need to establish and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders across multiple departments, as well as external vendors in order to be successful in the role. They will work closely with the customer facing advisors and leadership to better understand where processes are causing poor customer experiences or inefficiencies. They will also work closely with the technology teams to brief in, prioritise and test requirements that require development.
A smaller component of this role includes selecting and onboarding new technology vendors from time to time when the business decides to implement new customer communication channels based on market research.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Accountable for improving all aspects of customer interactions through current channels and implementing new interaction capabilities via emerging channels of communication. This includes briefing in clear technical requirements to the Customer Operations team in S&T and testing of the solution.
- Ongoing maintenance and management of Salesforce (CRM) and integrated tools, which include our Live Chat tool, Scheduling Tool and Contact Centre / telephony system. This involves keeping the documented related policies and operational procedures for each communication channel up to date, as well as being responsible for updates to settings and resolution of maintenance issues that arise.
- Manage SLA variance and standard deviation thresholds for customer requests on the associated communication channels and work in collaboration with the student engagement leadership to maintain these. This includes monitoring the most extreme exceptions such as lead loss and performing root cause analysis on these items. It also includes weekly monitoring of customer communication SLAs such as the answer rate for inbound calls, our honour rate for customers who request a call.
- Responsible for leading the identification, selection, implementation and expansion of enterprise customer engagement technologies that integrate with the CRM to help deliver high quality customer service and grow revenue through increased sales and repeat sales.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- BA/BS in Business, Operations, Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience working with CRMs (Salesforce advantageous)
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and dealing with ambiguity
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Strong analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and good business judgement
- Strong oral and written English language communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Analytical, strategic and logical thinker
- Time management, discipline, accountability, self-motivation and eagerness to learn
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audience
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate to technical solutions
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team as well as on your own
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.