What We’re Looking For:
As the Security Architect in the Governance and Standards team, you will work with teams across the business to influence security best practices into 2U’s systems, applications and processes by assessing, designing and consulting to uphold Cybersecurity standards and principles. Using your experience and influence you will drive the initiative to standardize and secure 2U’s threat landscape while translating business objectives into technical requirements.
As an individual, you will be capable of taking on complex tasks with minimal supervision and act as a vital member of the global cybersecurity team, as well as, a valuable embedded resource within 2U technical teams.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Technical (75%)
- Work with teams throughout the business to strengthen and improve overall security standards, designs and architecture within 2U’s technical landscape.
- Identify design flaws and misconfigurations and recommend remediations where necessary.
- Identify industry shifts and ensure technical and security competency in cutting edge technologies as they enter 2U’s ecosystems.
- Conduct architectural assessments and create reports highlighting risks and vulnerabilities by recommending changes to design, frameworks or methodologies to improve overall design.
- Review and update current enterprise and platform architecture, and when warranted, develop new configurations that integrate with existing systems.
- Where warranted, provide support and services to portfolio teams across the business to enable security best practices.
- Identify required security training for engineers, developers and internal security team, where necessary.
- Research (20%)
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and features within the cloud architecture domain with the aim to constantly improve the organization's security posture.
- Be active in the Cybersecurity communities and stay informed on current threats, attack techniques and strategies.
- Stay abreast of new technologies/tools and how they may pose a threat or benefit the organisation.
- Personal (5%)
- Continuous learning and constant self improvement are a must.
- Open to change and ability to pivot to different priorities and situations.
- Must be able to work well independently as well as part of a larger team.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 5 years experience in designing and deploying applications, infrastructure and networks
- Experience with IT Architecture Frameworks (TOGAF, Zachman, FEA, Gartner).
- Knowledge of Security Frameworks and best practices (NIST, ISO27001, Cobit, etc).
- Certification and experience with cloud infrastructure providers ( AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Understanding of programming fundamentals.
- Understand the concept of managing Infrastructure, policy and compliance as code.
- Experience with networking hardware, communication technologies, and systems programming.
- Certification or experience with multiple operating systems ( Microsoft, Linux, Amazon AMI).
- Knowledge of various software and systems, how they interact with each other and how they interact with outside entities and customers.
- Experience with Threat and vulnerability management policies, systems and remediations.
- Familiar with securing environments and applying security best practices.
- Able to conduct assessments and communication of the results thereof.
- Advanced technical courses (ex. CISSP).
- Experience with technical and narrative writing.
- Experience with automation, and using scripting languages to automate tasks (Python, Powershell etc).
- Understand continuous integration and continuous delivery tools ( Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, etc.).
- Expertise in SaaS,IaaS and PaaS architecture (AWS, GCP, Azure, On prem, etc).
- Able to work with Git.
- Familiar with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidized healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary GetSmarter short courses per year
- Subsidized medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.