What We’re Looking For:
Program Leaders are a VP-level, general management role responsible for the holistic oversight of a product line. They are responsible for ensuring that their product lines meet their enrollment targets and student satisfaction goals, working in close collaboration with Functional Leaders across the Bootcamp business in particular and the larger 2U organization as necessary. The Program Leader owns the short-term and long-term future of their product line — where to grow, how to win, and what problems in the market the wider team must focus on.
This is a fully remote position, but to encourage team connectedness (e.g. ease with getting to team off-sites etc.) we prefer to hire individuals within 50 miles of one of our office locations.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Sets strategic priorities for the program vertical with the product marketing manager and functional teams with the goal of finding new ways to grow, retain and deliver value to our partners and students
- Defines the biggest problems, opportunities, and ‘bets’ for the product line; sets priorities for each functional teams to test, learn, and adapt to drive growth and to improve student outcomes
- Responsible for defining and hitting the enrollment target for their dedicated product lines, and aligning resources, planning, and forecasting around the target across all functions
- Creates initiatives to drive performance improvements and ensures those initiatives are successfully executed in conjunction with functional teams and shared services, including roadmap prioritization
- Collaborates with the Functional Leaders to ensure best practices are implemented and ensures that cross-functional teams are working collaboratively to achieve plan objectives
- Works closely with academic and student success teams to ensure learner analytics, Net Promoter Scores (NPS), and graduation rates are being captured and reviewed consistently to ensure our target NPS scores and graduation rates are being achieved and that feedback from students and/or our partners is being captured and addressed
- Owns the decisions on making changes or updates to the class calendar to ensure our finance, admissions, and marketing teams are aligned in providing revenue forecasts
- Monitor and analyze all program performance metrics/data; consolidate by product ensuring visibility across Executive and Functional leadership
- Identify macro opportunities to improve revenue/sales and growth opportunities surrounding the program
- Own developing client growth recommendations with support and guidance from the University Relations team
- Generate program reports, give business presentations, manages quarterly planning meetings and executive team updates
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- A minimum of 10 years of business experience in general management with demonstrable skills in the following areas:
- 4-year college degree required with 7+ years of experience in managing, launching or scaling a business
- 5+ years of experience in managing a team with 2 or more years managing a team over multiple locations
- B2C / Consumer experience preferred, especially in Education
- Demonstrated experience developing product, setting strategic priorities and identifying new ways to grow, retain and deliver value to stakeholders
- Prior P&L management experience and excellent knowledge of financial statements
- Previous general management experience in the education space a plus
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.