What We’re Looking For:
The Portfolio Investment team at 2U is growing, and we’re looking for a Demand Planning Analyst/Sr. Analyst. This role will analyze marketing performance in order to derive trends, insights and projections. You will own marketing's long-term point of view on enrollment projections and acquisition costs and partner with other teams to inform financial planning. You will also be tasked with understanding the "why" behind performance so as to provide actionable insights and ideas for improvement. A key duty of Demand Planning Analysts will be to recognize, follow, and analyze trends in the market. Research historical data to map trends and determine how they will influence the business.
Our ideal candidate will have experience in Demand Analytics and Planning, and be adept and proactive in creating and maintaining working relationships across 2U’s many departments. This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for marketing and higher education.
We have tools that help us understand demand projections, how many leads will ultimately enroll, the timing of that enrollment and the acquisition cost of those students. Your job will be to create accurate outputs, insightful observations and actionable recommendations
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
Managing portfolio forecasts and KPIs
- Partner with Finance, Sales Ops and DG to audit enrollment forecasts
- Develop and maintain an independent short-term forecast point of view.
- Gather data from a variety of sources. Assess, interpret, and analyze the data in development of a thorough, accurate, and supportable demand forecast.
- Ensure long-term funnels stay up to date with latest forecasts and pacing.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Supports the development of core marketing short-term forecast assumptions and inputs, with a sign-off from Director
Improve the tools, data sets and viability of the forecasts
- Expand data sources used in the forecasting process and integrate all available data sources in order to assess and monitor trends and changes.
- Own the viability and accuracy of the systems, including but not limited to: QA’ing the inputs, variance reporting and augmenting data sources to inform inputs.
Supporting portfolio analysis and insights
- Provide a portfolio-wide analysis of progress towards KPIs, areas of risk and improvements on portfolio level
- Derive insights such as key markets driving stronger or weaker performance. Develop categories for insight and present for executive consumption
- Contribute to marketing’s long-term point of view on growth, efficiency and performance
- Serve as the expert on portfolio-wide questions and analysis
- Partner with other marketing teams to identify initiatives and size potential
- Work with other marketing teams on portfolio-wide projects (attribution model, deadline extensions impact, scholarship messaging, etc.)
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- BS degree in Business, Statistics, Economics or similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Strong background in economics, statistics or related
- Proven business experience with Tableau, SQL, and Excel/Google Sheets
- 2+ years professional experience in business planning, forecasting and analysis
- Analytical, intellectually curious, creative problem-solver who is comfortable going beyond data access to analytics and strategic insights
- Keen design and data visualization skills – you know how to transform data to generate useful insights and be easily digestible
- Strong written and oral communication skills – you can build analytical and decision support models, synthesize recommendations, and create effective presentations for all audiences
- Team player mindset, with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
In Colorado, the anticipated base salary for this role is $58,000, with potential bonus eligibility. Note: The final compensation for this position may consider factors including the geographic location where the work is performed (candidate’s assigned office) and prior work experience of the candidate.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.