What We’re Looking For:
Iterations Officers are responsible for supporting the ongoing maintenance of the existing short course portfolio from presentation to presentation. This is done through the implementation of iterative review changes and updates that ensure ongoing relevance, up-to-date content, pedagogical soundness, and accuracy. Iterations Officers are responsible for documenting, consolidating and implementing ongoing changes to course presentations on the Online Campus (Moodle) based on feedback from external stakeholders (faculty, tutors and students), and internal presentation teams. They participate in and action urgent updates raised through the course queries process, and smaller tweaks/”hot fixes” arising out of the Quality Forum, as well as larger maintenance project work through reviews and evaluations. Success in this role is defined by one's ability to problem-solve, while balancing academic, technological, and human concerns against tight delivery timelines.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Implement scheduled updates to course content (Evaluations, P1 reviews, time-sensitive reviews) by consulting with subject matter experts and/or the Head Tutor/Learning Facilitator to gather the necessary information and confirm the accuracy of the content changes.
- Manage, implement and resolve course queries (within 24 hours) and ad hoc changes through liaising directly with the production and presentation functions within the business, Head Tutors/Learning Facilitators and faculty as required.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- University degree required.
- Strong English language skills and experience in proofreading.
- Moodle or Learner Management System platform experience beneficial (entry- to mid-level).
- Computer literacy, including competence in using word processing and internet browsing applications, and email and online task management.
- Strong lateral thinking skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Good work ethic and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
- Passion and a 'can-do' attitude.
- Ability to prioritise effectively under pressure.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to communicate in a courteous, tactful, professional manner to internal teams and vendors.
- Strong client-centered focus with a commitment to student and faculty satisfaction and success.
- Ability to work and contribute in a team context or independently.
- Enthusiasm and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and a dynamic culture.
- Familiarity with HTML, AWS and Jira.
- This is a fixed-term contract position.
- Course Iterations is a new function in the Learning Experience team that combines Learning Design and Learning Technology expertise. You will need to be proactive in refining processes and systems, and manage ambiguity well.
- 2U is a fast-paced, high-pressured environment and you will be expected to keep up (while getting the necessary level of support). You are expected to be proactive, self-directing and to speak up when you need additional support.
- Teamwork is critical to achieving success in this role. You will need to establish strong relationships with peers and leaders in Production teams.
- We don’t micromanage. So, you have to diagnose problems and brainstorm solutions without any prompts and manage up appropriately.
- Things change all the time. 2U is a very dynamic environment which means that you will need the ability to adapt to change quickly.
- Feedback forms part of the daily rhythms in the company and you will need to be receptive to providing and receiving continuous feedback.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 1 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.