What We’re Looking For:
The Head of Traffic works alongside operational and traffic teams supporting the Short Course, Bootcamp and Degree Creative Team. They oversee effective traffic and scheduling management across Short Course, Bootcamps and Degree Programmes. Their focus is on sourcing and managing the efficient use and allocation of resources (permanent, Independant Contractors and / or vendors) to deliver outputs on time at the required level of quality and creative excellence.
Through collaboration with the stakeholders listed above as well as the Operations Managers for Short Course, Bootcamp and Degrees, the Head of Traffic is responsible for managing and directing the traffic requirements across internal teams and external independent contractors to service the CS output needs of the Short Course, Boot Camp and Graduate Degree product lines in Cape Town.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Efficient scheduling and management of the queue of work deliverables across the Creative Studios teams supporting Short Course, Graduate Programmes and Bootcamps.
- Efficient use of and allocation of resources to ensure optimal utilisation and output.
- Communication of planned and updated work, deliverables and timings to the Short Course, Bootcamp and Degree Creative and Operations Leads and key Creative Studios stakeholders across the Short Course, Degree Programmes and Bootcamp business lines.
- Development of capacity and briefing requirements to manage briefs and requests coming into the studio and the required timeline and resources to complete.
- Planning and scheduling of projects within time and budget constraints.
- Lead weekly traffic meetings with creative teams, Operations Managers and primary external stakeholders.
- Act as intermediary between the creative team and relevant stakeholders across Creative Studios, Cape Town/HQ and Product Lines.
- Manage a team of Traffic Coordinators across Short Course, Degree Programmes and Bootcamp product lines.
- Work with Operations Managers to plan for the recruitment, contracting and management of independent contractors/staff to support the Short Course, Bootcamp and Graduate Degree Creative Studios requirements.
- Help develop, adapt and manage scheduling, resource management and project management processes across Creative Studios teams that support Short Course, Degree Programmes and Bootcamps.
- Work closely with Operations Manager to improve existing systems and processes that foster better collaboration, communication, innovation and improved output on an ongoing basis.
- Accountable for final decisions relating to resource allocations where there are competing needs and priorities, or where prioritisation is required due to the complexity of work and level of capacity available.
- Provide ongoing support to manage urgent and priority tasks, deadlines statuses and challenges.
- Support the Short Course, Degree Programmes and Bootcamps Creative and Operations leads with budget forecasting, invoicing and vendor payment and the associated chargebacks required (with support from the Finance BP)
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience in a related industry in an operations/ traffic role or related field.
- Minimum 3 years in a people management/vendor management position.
- Evidence of success in previous traffic management roles.
- Evidence of self-management and initiative taken.
- Experience in an agency environment.
- Experience in digital education or training preferred.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
Strong candidates will have a demonstrated record of success working in uncertain environments. The role requires a solutions-oriented approach in a fast-paced environment, as well as a forward-looking focus on improving systemic issues. Successful candidates will be required to understand complex and shifting processes and organisational structures, and function effectively within them.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.