What We’re Looking For:
Application Security Engineer II
As an Application Security Engineer in the Security Operations team, you will assist software development teams to uphold and implement Cybersecurity standards and principles throughout 2U’s software development programs. Support development teams across several different geographic sites by discovering and assessing vulnerabilities within 2U’s internal and external applications and systems.
As an individual, you will be capable of taking on complex tasks with minimal supervision and act as a vital member of the global cybersecurity team, and be a valuable resource for development teams.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Technical (75%)
- Work with development teams to strengthen and improve overall security within 2U’s applications.
- Identify vulnerabilities and misconfigurations and recommend remediations where necessary.
- Contribute to the secure software development lifecycle (SSDLC) and promotion of secure coding practices within engineering teams.
- Conduct assessments and create reports highlighting risks and vulnerabilities and recommend changes to code, frameworks or methodologies to avoid and minimize impact.
- Where warranted, provide support and services to portfolio teams across the business to enable security best practices.
- Identify required security training for developers and internal security team, where necessary.
- Research (20%)
- Be active in the cybersecurity and developer communities and stay informed on current threats, attack techniques and strategies.Stay abreast of new technologies/tools and how they may pose a threat or benefit the organization.
- Personal (5%)
- Continuous learning and constant self improvement are a must.
- Open to change and ability to pivot to different priorities and situations.
- Must be able to work well independently as well as part of a larger team.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 3 years developer experience; skilled in information security best practices with regard to application development.
- Experience with multiple software languages and frameworks(PHP, Ruby, Python, Java, HTML, Go, CSS).
- Familiar with securing applications and applying security best practices against OWASP Top 10 and relevant remediations.
- Knowledge of various software and systems, how they interact with each other and how they interact with outside entities and customers.
- Work, both independently and in cross-disciplinary teams.
- Able to conduct independent assessments and communicate results thereof to stakeholders by writing technical reports.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Possesses a high level of personal organization, persistence, communications, and attention to detail.
- Skilled in static and dynamic code analysis and tools.
- Technical in on-premise and cloud network architecture.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.