This role is a fixed term temporary assignment slated for 40 hours a week with a 12/31/21 end date.
What We’re Looking For:
2U is looking for an experienced subject matter expert to temporarily join our UX/UI Curriculum
team. This role would be perfect for someone with expertise in UX/UI design and boot camps, and is able to prioritize the student experience.
You’ll work remotely with curriculum, instructional designers, and editorial partners to write and iterate a blended curriculum that is highly instructive, engaging, and teachable. The ideal candidate will have domain expertise with User Centered Design Research, UX/UI Design, Interaction Design, Design Thinking, Prototyping, and Usability Testing & Accessibility, as well as the ability to collaborate on highly complex projects and adapt quickly to a fast pace and changing requirements. Bonus points if they are code conversational for our Front End Web Development content.
We’re looking for someone who is interested in the opportunity to impact student learning new skills and the opportunity to change lives.
This is a fully remote position, but to encourage team connectedness (e.g. ease with getting to team off-sites etc.) we prefer to hire individuals within 50 miles of one of our office locations.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Write, create, manage, and support the User Experience, User Interface, and possibly Front End Coding units of the Blended UX/UI Curriculum.
- Create or polish project ideas and challenge assignments for students to master key concepts and ensure that students can execute prototyping.
- Iterate on existing unit content, such as slideshows, lesson plans, activities, homeworks, and resources to make it applicable and useful for the Blended offering.
- Plan, review, and report on sprint progress and accomplishments.
- Conceive of and collaborate on new ideas enhancing student learning.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Someone who possesses strong writing and communication skills.
- Experience & interest in UX/UI design, who prioritizes the student experience.
- Familiarity with:
- UX Design, UI Design, Interaction Design
- Figma, InVision, and more
- Design Thinking & User Research
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Design concept skills
- Design Thinking & Human-centered design
- User Research
- User Interviews
- Rapid prototyping
- Interaction design
- Usability Testing
- Design Feedback and critique strategies
- Adomic Design
- Responsive Web Design
- Tool skills:
- Figma, InVision, and more
- Miro, Google docs (Google slides + docs)
- Slack, Jira, Zoom
- Git/GitHub/GitHub Desktop, VScode (markdown)
- Writing skills:
- UX/Technical writing
- VO Scripts
- Strong Grammar
- Write and Organize Instructional Documents
- Voice and tone standards
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.