What We’re Looking For:
Are you a passionate professional with a knack for changing lives? Do you have experience in career development as well as rich professional experiences that would benefit our learners? Do you also love writing, teaching, and storytelling as much as you love technology? Then we have the position for you.
At 2U, Inc., we’re creating programs to train new audiences for careers in the tech industry. Our programs are taught at leading universities across the country including the University of Pennsylvania, University of California Berkeley, Northwestern, UNC Chapel Hill, Rutgers, UT Austin, and many others. We pride ourselves on building high-quality programs that help ambitious, hardworking adults change their lives through practical skills, fundamental knowledge, and the confidence to advance their careers.
We’re looking for a top-notch professional with a love for teaching, inspiring, and helping newcomers enter the field of technology.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Architect, write, and iterate detailed, scaleable career-focused content for several of our programs, including but not limited to, Business Administration and related programs such as Management, HR, and Accounting
- Ideate and create engaging student activities that mirror real-world scenarios students can expect to encounter on the job or during the hiring process.
- Improve portions of our curriculum based on student learning data, and continually create improved content for teaching topics covered in our programs.
- Contribute to all relevant career components of business related program development including partnering on industry research, career curriculum and resource development, and workshop development and delivery.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- You have a passion for career development and helping professionals reach their career goals.
- You have work experience or are familiar with concepts and tools taught in a variety of our verticals.
- A strong writer who can clearly communicate engaging instruction and activities that teach technical skills. The majority of this job is focused on writing, and writing ability will be assessed during the application process.
- Someone with a creative itch who can architect solutions, especially on the curriculum writing and development front.
- Someone who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty. In this capacity, you’ll be responsible for keeping a living curriculum up-to-date, both technical and career focused. This also includes developing and facilitating workshops for your programs.
- Someone with a sense of humor. We are a tight-knit team that’s passionate about the work we do, but we also enjoy having fun while doing it.
- You are an energetic workshop facilitator who can deliver adult learning online with clarity and composure.
- You are highly motivated and strive to produce excellent work consistently.
- Bonus points if you’re familiar with coding languages taught in our bootcamps.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.