What We’re Looking For:
The Intercompany / Debtors Accountant has dual responsibility in assisting with both Student Finance related queries, together with ensuring the inter-company accounts around month-end are reconciled.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
Manage the Intercompany accounts
- Own multiple management fee calculations, processing and eliminations.
- Ensure Revenue and Costs is cleared and appropriately assigned to the correct entity.
- Perform monthly reconciliations.
- Must be able to communicate with global teams to reconcile accounts within the group.
Manage Student Debtors
- Respond to finance related queries on the CRM system.
- Allocate Student Payment allocations.
- Perform reconciliations back to the ERP system.
- Monitor and reconcile Student accounts.
- Assist and Collaborate with other teams.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- B. Com Accounting preferred.
- Exposure to multinational, multi-currency environments.
- Key skills:
- Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
- Google suite applications.
- Strong understanding of the nature and principles of inter-company accounting.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Must have good time management and prioritization skills.
- Deadline driven and must be able to work under pressure in short spans of time.
- Must be open and able to follow a changing financing tech orientated environment.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.