What We’re Looking For:
We're searching for an innovative and motivated Platform Product Manager who will manage the multi-team development and operational delivery of a large portfolio of technical projects by understanding business requirements, managing changes, removing roadblocks, and communicating broadly with multiple functional groups and stakeholders.
In this position, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and build consensus by understanding stakeholder requirements and constraints. You will be expected to clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to cross-functional teams. You will help identify, prioritize, and advocate for the largest opportunities, as well as create and manage new efficiency opportunities from ideation to launch.
Our Platform PM’s are in charge of creating functionality that spans multiple technologies. These PM’s need to understand the large strategic vision well enough to make short- and long-term trade-offs across different products
Platform PMs must have a technical background, understand the company’s technology at a deep level and be able to interact with the development team to lead the strategy for the product. They are the glue between the business side and technical side of our organization. Our Platform PMs are able to answer the “why”, the “what” and the “how” for all features released on our platform.
This is a fully remote position, but to encourage team connectedness (e.g. ease with getting to team off-sites etc.) we prefer to hire individuals within 50 miles of one of our office locations.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Lead requirements gathering sessions, proactively drawing out requirements from stakeholders
- Define the long-term vision for our Platform service
- Own execution of the platform product roadmap and set the appropriate expectations with many different stakeholders
- The platform product manager will need good project management skills to handle the complex dependency management and diverse stakeholders to deliver projects on time and on strategy
- Work with their teams to maintain and prioritize the Platform backlog
- Set, monitor and review the platform features and KPIs with the functional teams
- Build solutions focusing on scalability, stability, performance and security
- Lead implementation of new features from ideation to release
- Responsible for monitoring, reviewing and optimizing existing features to improve overall quality
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Ability to conceptualize current requirements against future plans
- Demonstrate an ability to support Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) and Change Management
- Meticulous, highly developed organizational skills, a half-full attitude, and the ability to work on multiple projects in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Work within a software development methodology like AGILE
- Know how to use Jira
- Salesforce experience is a plus
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.