What We’re Looking For:
We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic individual to join and help grow our top notch Accounting team. The ideal candidate must be able to balance delivering exceptional performance in a fun, energetic and entrepreneurial environment.
The Sr. Accountant will maintain the daily operations of the finance department and participate in monthly closings, accounts payable processing, preparation of the monthly profit and loss statements, and will maintain balance sheet schedules and subsidiary ledgers.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Prepare financial statements and month end reporting
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual close process, including preparation of journal entries, P&L review and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Support SEC reporting, including preparing 10-K’s and 10-Q’s
- Interact with cost center owners regularly
- Produce monthly Profit and Loss statements
- Prepare audit schedules and work closely with the auditors to ensure the completion of a timely audit
- Assist with Accounts Receivable and Payable workload
- Responsible for special projects/other miscellaneous and departmental related duties as necessary
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required, CPA strongly preferred
- 2-5 years of accounting experience required, experience in big 4 and/or public accounting strongly preferred
- Experience in service-based industry preferred
- Must have excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills with experience using all MS Office applications; strong knowledge of Excel required
- Experience with Workday and Adaptive Planning software highly preferred
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Must be organized and possess the ability to multi-task
- Financial reporting experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate in a courteous, tactful and concise manner
- Focused on achieving defined results and exceeding goals and objectives
- Ability to bring out other people’s potential and talents
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
At 2U, we power world-class online education and in-person boot camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help universities fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our university partners are there to help them succeed.Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. 2U, Inc. has acquired and integrated two companies broadening our portfolio of education offerings into short courses with GetSmarter and boot camps with Trilogy. This role supports our 2U line of business.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.