What We’re Looking For:
The VP, E-Commerce & Digital Marketing Strategy will drive monetization and user experience for prospects across 2U’s portfolio of partner programs from degrees to boot camps to short courses across all operated web properties for over 70 university partners. The role oversees prospect experience, SEO, conversion rate optimization and marketing technology. You will be responsible for modernizing and simplifying the end to end prospect experience inclusive of testing and optimization. The ideal candidate is an experienced direct to consumer marketer who combines a data-driven mindset, technical expertise with a strong passion for delivering best in class user experiences.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Evolve and modernize the end-to-end prospect journey across all lines of business with an emphasis on empowering the user, eliminating friction and driving discovery.
- Oversee SEO growth strategy inclusive of developing a technical roadmap and content plan.
- Manage conversion rate optimization for paid and organic traffic inclusive of portfolio wide testing strategy.
- Improve conversion rates/reduce CAC by optimizing user experience and developing cross-sell and up-sell strategy.
- Primary driver of pre-enrollment product roadmap working with marketing tech teams.
- Engage with marketing leadership as well as student engagement teams to drive forward profitable growth via e-commerce experience.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 10+ years of experience in e-commerce or product management with focus on direct to consumer highly considered products.
- Track record of building compelling consumer digital experiences driving increased engagement and monetization.
- Experience managing, developing, and motivating a team, and creating or promoting a customer-centric culture.
- Deep understanding of prospect funnel analytics.
- Strong experience influencing stakeholders across a global organization.
- Experience driving engagement with E-Mail and paid marketing traffic generated via Display Advertising, Affiliate, SEM, Social Media.
- Experience with CMS platforms like WordPress and testing tools like Optimizely.
- Strong customer obsession: you enjoy obsessing over getting the customer experience right
- You earn trust with your direct team and stakeholders: you listen, you are inclusive, you treat others with respect, and you are willing to be vocally self-critical.
- Hire and develop the best: you value coaching your team and developing leaders. You have a demonstrated track record of hiring strong talent and moving them through the organization.
- Passionate self-starter, decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas.
- Data driven - you lean on data to make decisions and when you don’t have data, you search for customer anecdotes to gain insights.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
Prior experience in education technology.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.