What We’re Looking For:
We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our HR Team. The role will report to the SVP of Employee Relations, Learning and Operations helping to build from the ground up a structure that will enable the HR team to respond quickly to the needs of the business by addressing company wide transformational projects. This role will be instrumental in initiating and driving HR programs/initiatives. Additionally, the project manager will engage with senior leadership and stakeholders to ensure project buy in and support. Successful candidates will be high-energy, focused and flexible with an appetite and aptitude for building new capabilities.
This is a critical role within a new function of HR with growth potential as we mature and scale. The success of this role will be measured by successful execution of projects, direct business impact and high-levels of engagement and adoption by project stakeholders. It is imperative that these projects embrace 2U’s guiding principles and are agile enough to adjust to 2U’s business priorities.
We all roll up our sleeves to ensure that our projects are successfully executed, so each day might be a little different.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- In partnership with VP, Future of Work, identify future focused needs and develop project plans to address those needs.
- Partner with the VP and 2U to identify innovative solutions and deliver HR transformation strategies to support new ways of working.
- Research and propose new strategies to dramatically improve functional effectiveness.
- Gather and define project requirements.
- Look for ways to improve upon efficiencies and streamline wherever possible.
- Clearly articulate the objectives and issues necessary to deliver a project.
- Conduct analysis and prepare business cases to support decision making.
- Coordinate and lead the planning and management of assigned projects through completion.
- Monitor project milestones and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of project schedule.
- Identify ways to resolve schedule issues ahead of deadlines.
- Manage scope and change controls associated with projects.
- Manage communications by keeping the HR team informed of the status, project deliverables and by managing the issue resolution process.
- Assist in the coordination of strategic planning and budgeting activities.
- Introduce tools and people analytics to improve returns on learning investments and develop insightful and HR reporting.
- Develop and implement plans for managing communications to internal stakeholders.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in project management.
- Experience in Human Resources is a plus.
- Strong analytic and decision making skills.
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Exceptional combination of strategic thinking and detail orientation.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills. Excellent presentation and organization skills for work in a global collaborative cross-functional environment.
- Track record of excellence, ability to drive change and deliver results.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Project Scheduling Tools, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and other project management tools.
- Ability to clearly explain complex concepts, clarify context, requirements, and process steps.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.