What We’re Looking For:
2U’s Course Services team is a dynamic and growing team which analyzes, scopes and documents revisions or new course requirements for thousands of courses in 2U’s ticketing systems. The Course Services Coordinator is responsible for assisting Course Iteration Managers, Course Iteration Associates, QA Analysts, Course Build Advisors, and Content Development Design Leads and Sr Coordinators as these teams work with faculty and coordinate all new content and edits to asynchronous coursework across all university programs. Success in this role is defined by one's ability to balance academic and technological concerns against a regular cadence of specific delivery timelines.
In this role, you will have a hand in every course. This requires the dexterity and flexibility to move quickly from one project to the next, as well as the individual leadership to organize your work efficiently and manage deadlines. You will be a part of 2U's larger Curriculum and Learning team which delivers on the pedagogical vision of our partner faculty members.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Collaborate with cross-functional Course Services teams to ensure the delivery of assets in a timely manner.
- Coordinate course level projects with external vendors to ensure copy editing, formatting, and accessibility review of asynchronous lecture content.
- Perform extensive QA on completed lecture files to ensure accurate and professional rendering on device to be used in video production studio.
- Assist with iteration, quality assurance and Course Assembly build cycle set up in Project Management System (JIRA).
- Course cloning, assist with syncing courses to our learning platform.
- Delegation of revision requests to our Revisions Team or assume responsibility themselves for those updates in 2U’s Learning Platforms.
- Oversee video edit requests with Post Production.
- Receive iterations submissions, review for completeness or work with Course Iteration Managers or Course Build Advisors for clarification. Then scope/analyze the changes to be assigned to the Revisions Team.
- Triage issues identified by Revisions Team while working on course updates.
- Ensure revisions are complete through all phases of the workflow.
- Coordinate with Course Iteration Associates, Course Iteration Managers or Course Build Advisors to document course specific information noting actionable items that must be ticketed.
- Provide overall monitoring of Program iteration and Assembly progress - from Edit Request submissions to lifecycle of the revision or new build through to QA.
- Respond to tech requests for program- and course-level information.
- Troubleshoot time-sensitive issues as they arise.
- Gain proficiency with new and constantly changing technology.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
The Course Services team requires a keen eye and ear for detail and the ability to be effective within a system of many moving parts. Candidates should have a track record that clearly demonstrates these capabilities. Applicants from any professional domain will be considered, but all those applying must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited 3-year college or university preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of work experience in a professional web-production, technical support or ed tech setting.
- Experience and passion in education technology (Moodle, Canvas, Blackboard, etc).
- Professional or personal experience with Web content-development or Technical Support.
- Experience handling and tracking digital assets in a collaborative work environment.
- Proficient skills in Google Suite (Docs, spreadsheets, Slideshows, etc) and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Basic graphic design experience is a plus.
- Basic project management experience is a plus.
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments simultaneously while maintaining a positive outlook and a collegial, professional demeanor.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to communicate in a courteous, tactful, professional manner to internal teams and vendors.
- Strong client-centered focus with a commitment to student and faculty satisfaction and success.
- Ability to work and contribute in a team context or independently.
- Enthusiasm and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and a dynamic culture.
- Familiarity with HTML, AWS and Jira.
- Course Services is a new function within the Academic Presentation team that combines Learning Design and Learning Technology expertise. You will need to be proactive in refining processes and systems, and manage ambiguity well.
- 2U is a fast-paced, high-pressured environment and you will be expected to keep up (while getting the necessary level of support).
- You are expected to be proactive, self-directing and to speak up when you need additional support.
- Teamwork is critical to achieving success in this role. You will need to establish strong relationships with peers and leaders in Production teams.
- We don’t micromanage. So, you have to diagnose problems and brainstorm solutions without any prompts and manage up appropriately.
- Things change all the time. 2U is a very dynamic environment which means that you will need the ability to adapt to change quickly.
- Feedback forms part of the daily rhythms in the company and you will need to be receptive to providing and receiving continuous feedback.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.